453 Mumbai Local Trains Running On These Routes; 22 New Trains Starts This Month
Now, Indian Railways have added 22 special local train services, amidst the already existing and operable 431 special suburban trains, escalating the count to 453.
These new additional special trains started operating on October 10, 2020.
Need for New Train Services
Local trains are the heart of the financial capital of India, Mumbai.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, Mumbai locals have been resumed only for staff of Central and State governments, government PSUs, nationalised and private banks, dabbawalas, pharma firms, staff of foreign consulates as well as high commissions, as permitted by the state government.
Central Railways have strictly directed all of these passengers to observe social distancing and wear masks while traveling.
However, in order to ensure prevention of over-crowding amid the Covid-19 pandemic, the Central Railway zone of Indian Railways has added 22 more special local train services.
Railway Station Halts for Additional 22 Trains
As mentioned above, 431 special suburban train services are being run for staff on an everyday basis, bringing the count to 453 from Oct 10.
Of the recently launched 22 special local trains,
- 18 local trains are being operated on the Main Line, while
- 4 local trains are being operated on the Harbour Line.
These 22 special local train services halt at these railway stations.
- CSMT – Kasara special local trains halt at all railway stations except Thansit and Umbermali stations
- CSMT – Karjat special local trains halt at all railway stations except Shelu station
- CSMT – Panvel special local trains halt at all railway stations except Reay Road, Chunabhatti, King’s Circle, Cotton Green and Manasarovar stations.
Source: Financial Express