Indian Railways Offers Free Food To Passengers If This Happens..!
The Indian Railways will be giving out free meals to its passengers, as confirmed by some latest reports.
This special facility is being offered for passengers of premium trains like Rajdhanis, Shatabdis, and Durontos.
However, there is catch!
Indian Railways To Offer Free Food To Passengers: What’s The Catch?
The Indian Railways will be offering free food to its passengers of the Rajdhanis, Shatabdis, and Durontos. The national transporter is also offering the options of vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals.
However, there is a catch to getting this free meal. The Indian Railways will be offering free meals only if the train is delayed for more than two hours.
Additionally, the cause of the delay does not matter; this means that if the train is delayed for more than two hours, be it for any reason, you will get a free meal from the Indian Railways.
Given that these are premium trains, it’s very less likely that free meals will be served frequently.
As we all know, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) was established in 1999 with the mission of improving food preparation quality.
As per reports, IRCTC plans to build new kitchens and renovate existing ones in accordance with the directive.
IRCTC To Improve Quality of Meals?
To improve the quality of meals served to passengers, onboard menus have been revamped. Meal trays are now made of biodegradable material, and packages with airtight covers are now available on select Rajdhani and Duronto trains.
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) resumed services of cooked meals in trains from February 14. The service was suspended as a safety measure during the outbreak of the pandemic on March 22, 2020.
IRCTC said that cooked meals are already being provided in 428 trains. Cooked food had already been restored in 30% of all trains by Dec ‘21, 80% by Jan ‘22 and the remaining 20% shall be restored by February 14.
Food service on premium trains such as Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto had already restarted on December 21.
How To Order Food On IRCTC
- Visit IRCTC’s eCatering official website https://www.ecatering.irctc.co.in/
- Enter your ten-digit PNR number and click on the arrow to proceed
- Select the food from the list of cafes, outlets and quick service restaurants
- Place the order and select the payment mode which is either pay online or cash on delivery
- Once the order is placed, the food will be delivered to your seat/berth.