90% Wipro Employees Working From Home; 100% Will Never Work From Office!

90% Wipro Employees Working From Home; 100% Will Never Work From Office!

90% Wipro Employees Working From Home; 100% Will Never Work From Office!

With many companies adopting a work from home model for a long term like Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), IBM among others, now Wipro too has joined the band wagon.

Wipro chairman, Rishad Premji said he is confident that Wipro will emerge stronger from the COVID-19 crisis as it prepares to welcome a new CEO next month. More than 90% of employees are already working from home. He also said that the model of work has changed forever and that the company will never go back fully to the old ways of working. 

Read to find out more…

Wipro to Switch to 100% WFH Model!

Wipro recently announced that Theirry Delaporte would take charge as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD), succeeding Abid Ali Neemuchwala.  

Premji in his first letter as chairman in the software major’s annual report said,  “I am confident that we will emerge from this crisis, a stronger Wipro and a more valuable partner to our clients than ever before. The next few months will be critical organisations as they build their resilience in order to persist, resurrect their businesses and master the new business environment.”

He said while talking about the pandemic and the generation of unprecedented socioeconomic disruption, fear and the tragic loss of human life, “As companies focus on resilience to survive and thrive,  one trend that I see accelerating is the rapid adoption of technology.”

On implementing 100% work from home model he said, “We successfully triggered our business continuity plans and enabled work from home for more than 90% for our global employees. We believe strongly that the model of work has changed forever, and we will never go back fully to the old ways of working. We will increasingly leverage more technology to onboard, induct, train and engage with our employees, and our workforce will never come back to a 100% work from office mode.”

When talking about the new CEO and MD he said, “Thierry brings with him an exceptional leadership track record, strong international exposure, deep strategic expertise, a unique ability to forge long-standing client relationships, and proven experience of driving transformation and managing technological disruption. I believe that Thierry is the right leader for Wipro to drive us forward in our next phase of growth.”

TCS, IBM, Infosys Already on the Long Term Implementation of WFH Trajectory!

TCS had announced its new model called 25/25 in April 2020, wherein only 25% workforce will work from office by 2025. Furthermore, each employee will spend only 25% of his/her time at the office. 

Last week, Infosys revealed their long term plans related to work from home. During a media interaction, Richard Lobo, Executive Vice President, Head HR, Infosys informed that in the long term, around 80,000 Infosys employees will never come to office. The company wants 33% of the employees to work from home permanently, and 66% to come to office.

Following TCS and Infosys, as per reports, IBM is planning to make only 25% of their employees to work from office in the coming months and the rest 75% will have a flexible work schedule. Also they will reduce upto 50% of all office spaces in India.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.

who's online