75% TCS Employees Will Never Come To Office: 3 Facts About Work From Home Model By TCS, Effective 2025
The Covid-19 pandemic has led the IT companies around the world to start with the ‘Work from Home’ concept. This seems to work as a positive asset for India’s largest IT company, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
The company’s CEO, Rajesh Gopinathan believes that the crisis has actually been good as it forced them to shift to the next phase of their operating model, which is Work from Home (WFH).
TCS and WFH
TCS has provided the information that the work from home system, which started as a consequence of the Covid-19 pandemic, is actually working pretty well for the company and that it might shift to this operating model, as the next phase, i.e., as soon as the lockdown opens.
This means the employees will only have to be in the office 25% of the time, i.e. the offices will only need 25% of its total strength on any given day.
3-Point Analysis of TCS’ New ‘Work From Home’ Vision
- TCS will implement Work From Home permanently by 2025.
- TCS will ask its 4.5 L global workforce and its 3.5L Indian workforce to work from home permanently by 2025.
- The new model called 25/25 will require only not more than 25% of the workforce at the office to perform with 100% productivity. This means that this model will demand for a far lesser space.
- Under this new model, each employee will spend only 25% of their working time in office.
This means that only 75% of a project team will have to be in a single working location.
2. Has Lockdown Changed things for TCS?
- TCS used a new work model during this lockdown period, which gained immense success for the company.
- It used an in-house platform called the Secure Borderless Workspaces (SBWS) model assures that TCS has heavily invested in building for sound processes and systems.
- This lockdown has made the company stronger than before.
- According to TCS MD, this SBWS has seen 35,000 meetings, 4 L calls and 340 lakh messages.
3. Will this Cause the Industry to Adopt this ‘WFH’ Model?
- The TCS MD believes that this move will definitely help organisations become more resilient, if not completely adapt to the idea of only using 75% workforce at any given time.
- This is because this model is inherently less risky and better suited for business agility.
- Encouraging more employees to WFH will also save costs required for office spaces, due to the 25/25 model.
Experts believe that with TCS taking the lead, other IT will also follow its suit. We can all agree that the sparks ignited by the sudden lockdown has led companies to start giving more importance to virtualisation platforms for smooth workings.
According to NASSCOM, the coronavirus impact has fundamentally altered how companies look at their employees and their workplpaces.