TCS Can Ask 75% Workforce To Work From Home In Post-Corona World; Can Demolish 20-Year Old Business Rules
The Covid-19 pandemic has led the IT companies around the world to start with the ‘Work from Home’ concept.
This seems to work as a positive asset for India’s largest IT company, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
The company’s CEO, Rajesh Gopinathan believes that the crisis has actually been good as it forced them to shift to the next phase of their operating model, which is Work from Home (WFH).
TCS and WFH
TCS has provided the information that the work from home system, which started as a consequence of the Covid-19 pandemic, is actually working pretty well for the company and that it might shift to this operating model, as the next phase, i.e., as soon as the lockdown opens.
This means the employees will only have to be in the office 25% of the time, i.e. the offices will only need 25% of its total strength on any given day.
The success of this new secure borderless workspaces (SBWS) model assures that TCS has heavily invested in building those processes and systems.
Everything you need to Know about TCS’ Next Phase
- Gopinathan believes that it is a good way to shift from the 20-year-old legacy into a newer model: WFH.
- The new secure borderless workspaces (SBWS) model has improved the company’s velocity by 25%.
- This means that TCS could shift to WHM as a ‘new-normal’ once lockdown opens.
- Studies show fewer employees in the office could result in more savings.
- Other than the fact that the person has actually shifted out, which means that the person has actually shifted out from the office, there is no other perceptible reduction in quality or certainty among the company’s clients.
- Over the past few weeks, TCS claims that they don’t need to have more than 25% of their workforce in the office in order to be 100% productive.
- They also believe that 25% of the project team may not be located in one single location.
- According to Gopinathan, this does not mean that people will lose their jobs.
- In addition to honouring the offers made to freshers, TCS will also be promoting its employees.
However, there will be no salary increments this year.