5 Reasons Why Every Rail Passenger Can Get Tatkal Tickets Easily Now Via Online Booking
Yes, you heard it right! Now You can book Tatkal tickets easily.
Till now the Tatkal ticket availability is Big bonanza from Indian Railways! Until recently when Railway authorities had come up with some significant changes.
How Did This Happen?
As per the reports, the Railway Protection Force (RPF) weeded out various illegal software systems and arrested several agents who used them to block such train tickets.
According to the information provided by RPF officials, illegal software systems such as ‘Jaguar’, ‘MAC’, and ‘ANMS’ would bypass the log in the captcha of IRCTC, booking captcha as well as bank OTP to generate tickets.
On the other hand, a genuine user has to go through all these processes while booking a ticket.
Usually, for a general user, the booking process usually takes around 2.55 minutes.
While for those using these illegal software systems could do the booking in just around 1.48 minutes.
Since the removal of these busting software, the time duration for which tatkal tickets are available will go up and Indian Railways passengers will have a better chance to get tickets.
Why Would The Tatkal Ticket Availability Gets A Boost?
- There had neeb a drive against agents was conducted on 11 February 2020 and 12 February 2020. In this, a total of 319 agents were arrested as well as 317 agent ids were identified by the RPF for blacklisting. Additionally, tickets worth Rs 37.86 lakh were blocked and used tickets worth Rs 1.19 crore were recovered by the RPF.
- As of date, illegal ANMS and MAC software have stopped working with effect from 23 January and 8 February respectively. Further, RPF shut down I-Ball and Red Bull as well as the new software systems that are capturing the market, such as N-GET, Jaguar, Cycle, Star V2.
- Now, the RPF is closely working with CRIS and IRCTC. On top of that, the new security features are continuously being updated by CRIS, which is the IT arm of Indian Railways, disrupting the function of the illegal software.
- Till today, all the illegal software systems are facing disruption. Though some fraudsters are selling fake software online, it has been reported that they do not work.
- Although, some auto-fill forms like Google Chrome extension are being used, however, they do not bypass OTP or auto-read captcha.
How Will This Benefit The Travelers?
To understand the benefits of the new system, as an example of the tatkal booking for train number 20802 Magadh Express 3rd AC class on 26 October 2019 closed at 10.02.18 hours and on 27 October 2019, at 10.01.38 hours.
Consider another date on 9 February 2020, the booking for the train closed at 20.21.16 hours and on 10 February 2020, at 15.30.55 hours.
Another case where train number 12393 Sampoorna Kranti Express all AC classes, the booking on 16 November 2019 closed at 10.04.11 hours and on 8 February 2020, booking closed at 10.17.26 hours.
This clearly shows that there is an improvement in the time duration for which tatkal ticket bookings are available.