Nokia 8.1 Launched For Rs 32,000 In Dubai; This Is How Nokia 8.1 Is Different Than Nokia 7 Plus
Nokia 8.1 is based on Nokia X7, which was launched in China few weeks ago.
And finally, Nokia’s one of the most awaited Android One smartphones: Nokia 8.1 has been launched.
The launch was global and happened in a glittering ceremony in Dubai, where its price was announced as 399 Euros. In Dubai and the Middle East, the smartphone will be available from December 15th.
399 Euros is roughly equal to Rs 32,000.
When will it launch in India? How much would be its expected price in India? What are its features, and specs and how is it different than Nokia 7 Plus?
Keep reading to find out more!
Nokia 8.1 Launched For 399 Euros: The USP
As per initial reports coming in, Nokia 8.1 which was launched in Dubai, will be available in three colors: Blue Silver, Steel Copper and Iron Steel and Android 9.0 Pie software is the default OS.
Powered by Snapdragon 710 SoC, it is indeed a bit expensive as its Dubai and Middle East price is 399 Euros or Rs 32,000. 710 can give a speed of 2.2GHz, which is combined with 4GB of LPDDR4x RAM. Only one variant has been announced as of now.
However, if we talk about its highlight, then definitely it’s the display: 6.18-inch PureDisplay with HDR10 support will make the visuals come alive. Its screen has an 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 81.5 percent screen-to-body ratio, polished with 500 nits peak brightness and is capable of a 96 percent color gamut.
A 3,500mAh battery promises 22 hours of uninterrupted talk time.
Nokia 8.1: Camera Setup
Nokia has declared that 8.1 will have the new Bothie feature, which will allow the user to operate both front and primary cameras at the same time.
In the rear, there are two cameras: A primary 12-megapixel camera, which is helped by a 13-megapixel secondary camera for depth sensing; both of which has a Sony’s IMX 363 sensor.
Meanwhile, the front camera will have a 20-megapixel shooter with f/2.0 aperture.
Difference Between Nokia 8.1 and Nokia 7 Plus
Nokia 7 Plus, which was launched in February 2018 with a price tag of Rs 23,699. On the other hand, Nokia 8.1 is based on the Nokia X7, which was launched in China a few months back.
Hence, a comparison between Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 8.1 is pretty natural here.
Here are the major differences:
- While Nokia 7 Plus has 6-inch full-HD+ (1080×2160 pixels) IPS LCD panel with an 18:9 aspect ratio; Nokia 8.1 has a bigger 6.18-inch full-HD+ (1080×2244 pixels) panel with a taller 18.7:9 aspect ratio and HDR10 support. Hence, Nokia 8.1 has better graphics and display than Nokia 7 Plus.
- Nokia 7 Plus is powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC, which supports 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 64GB of onboard storage, which can be extended to 256 GB. On the other hand, Nokia 8.1 is powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 SoC, which supports with 4GB of LPDDR4x RAM and 64GB of inbuilt storage, which can be extended to 400 GB. Hence, Nokia 8.1 has a better processing power and can accommodate more storage compared to Nokia 7 Plus.
- In the camera department, the major difference comes in the front camera or selfie camera part: While Nokia 7 Plus had 16-megapixel fixed focus selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1-micron pixels, and Zeiss optics; Nokia 8.1 has 20-megapixel fixed focus selfie camera with 0.9 micron pixels and 4-in-1 pixel tech for improved low light photography. In the rear camera department, both have 13 MP and 12 MP combination dual camera. Hence, if selfies are your priorities, then Nokia 8.1 wins hands down.
- In the comparison for battery, Nokia 7 Plus has a slight advantage with 3,800mAh battery; whereas Nokia 8.1 has a 3,500mAh battery. Both support fast charging.
- Dimension wise, Nokia 8.1 is slightly smaller with 154.8×75.76×7.97mm, compared to Nokia 7 Plus which has dimensions of 158.38×75.64×7.99mm.
Nokia 8.1 India Launch
Nokia 8.1’s India launch has been announced as December 10th, when the price for the Indian market will be announced.
As per earlier reports, Nokia 8.1 can be launched at Rs 23,999 for Indian market. Interestingly, Nokia X7, on which Nokia 8.1 is based, is priced at Rs 18,000 in the Chinese market.
We will keep you updated, as we get more information regarding Nokia 8.1.