TCS Will Power World’s Largest Recruitment: 2.3 Crore Applicants, 100,000 Railway Jobs!
TCS iON, which is TCS' own examination platform can support 10 crore applicants.
Indian Railways will conduct world’s largest recruitment drive, wherein 100,000 applicants will be hired for various jobs.
Now, more details are emerging: Indian Railways has said that they will use TCS’s own platform for conducting the examinations.
TCS is India’s largest IT services provider, and Indian Railways is India’s largest employer.
Checkout more details!
TCS Will Power Indian Railways Recruitment Drive!
As per Railways Officials, they will be using TCS iON, which is an online examination platform for conducting the recruitment drive.
This way, TCS will form the backbone of this massive recruitment drive.
A powerful ‘Question Creation Wizard’ has been created by TCS, which will enable Railways employees to create unique set of questions for the applicants. The difficulty level will be the same, but the questions will keep on changing, pertaining to the specific post.
As per some reports, this arrangement has been done via ‘statistical normalisation of questions’, wherein each question is ranked based on the difficulty level.
TCS has employed 128-bit encryption for the online examination, which means that paper-leak and cheating would be out of question.
And precisely this is the reason why Indian Railways has decided to continue with online examination mode, rather than traditional examination.
World’s Biggest Recruitment Drive: Facts
- The recruitment drive will start from August 9th, and will go on for a month.
- Around 47 lakh people have already applied for the jobs, and out of them, 100,000 shall be recruited.
- Here is the breakdown of vacancies:
- 47 lakh applicants for 26,502 vacancies of assistant loco pilots (ALPs) and technicians (Level 2)
- 19 million applicants for 62,907 vacancies for Level-1 (erstwhile Group D)
- Railways will install close-circuit cameras, mobile jammers, and metal detectors in and around the examination centers to avoid malpractice
- TCS was selected after a stringent selection process, wherein the basic criteria was a yearly turnover of $150 million or more.
- Besides TCS, two other tech services providers have been roped in to provide backend services for the examination.
- The examination shall be conducted across 500 centers, in 15 languages.
- TCS has the capability to support 100 million or 10 crore job applicants for any examination, and they will be supporting this mega recruitment drive with 135,000 compute nodes.
- As we reported earlier, Indian Railways’ decision to go online for this massive exercise will result in saving of 10 lakh trees.
We will keep you updated, as receive more inputs.