List Of Free Public Wifi Access Zones & Hotspots In India
Indian Government is right now keen on developing a ‘Digital India’; and wants every Indian to be able to access Internet without any hassles. Talks are on to make Internet a fundamental right, just like education and freedom of speech.
We have collated all the cities and places where free public WiFi Here is a list of all public places where you can access free WiFi connectivity and surf the web:
|Free WiFi Zone Currently Available||Khan Market ; North Block in Connaught Place|
|Soon to be Available||Whole Connaught Place, Karol Bagh Market|
New Delhi Municipal Council has recently kickstarted it’s ambitious project of creating Free WiFi zones in the city; and Khan Market situated in Central Delhi has became the first public place to have one. Besides this, N-Block area in Connaught Place is also having free WiFi zone on a pilot basis, which would be soon spread to whole Connaught Place. After registering, a user will be able to access free WiFi for a certain usage, after which he needs to purchase credit.
In June this year, we had reported about this plan, which has finally made live.
Apart from these various private establishments also provide with Free Wi-Fi. Here is the list os places/shops/establishments/hotels in Delhi that provide free Wifi.
- Barista Coffee N-16 Connaught Place New Delhi 110001
- Marriott WelcomHotel, New Delhi District Centre Saket New Delhi 110017
- ITC Maurya Sheraton Diplomatic Enclave Sadar Patel Marg New Delhi
- Public Hotspot A-12 Sujan Singh Park New Delhi 110001
- Café Coffee Day – Community Centre Community Centre G1&2, Plot No 6, Nariana New Delhi 110028
- Intercontinental Parkroyal-New Delhi, Nehru Place
- All Café Coffee Day location (Community Centre Community Centre G1&2, Plot No 6, Nariana New Delhi 110028 )
- Trimart 125-d pocket-b phase-2 110091 Mayur Vihar Delhi
- Oxford Bookstore in new delhi. opposite the connaugh place. *FREE*
- ACN Herbal Life – 3-A, New Vishwas Nagar, Shahdara – Delhi
- New Delhi International Airport
|Free WiFi Zone Currently Available||Shivaji Park, Mumbai Metro Train and Stations|
|Soon to be Available||Navi Mumbai, Mumbai State Transport Buses|
Shivaji Park was the first public location in Mumbai to get free WiFi, and as per Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation, Navi Mumbai will soon get quite a few free WiFi zones as well. Earlier we had reported that Mumbai Metro trains and stations have started free WiFi service as well, something which Metro travelers in Delhi miss a lot. And as per reviews of users, connectivity in Mumbai metro has been excellent so far. Additionally, Mumbai State Transport buses will soon have free WiFi connectivity as well.
Apart from these various private establishments also provide with Free Wi-Fi. Here is the list os places/shops/establishments/hotels in Mumbai that provide free Wifi.
- Holiday Inn, Balraj Sahani Marg, Juhu Beach
- Mumbai International & Domestic Airports
- Holiday Inn Bombay, Balraj Sahani Marg, Juhu Beach, Mumbai Maharashtra 400049
- Krishna Palace Residency, 96/98 Sleater Road, Nana Chowk, Grant Road, Mumbai Maharashtra *FREE*
- Barista coffee shop next to Stirling Cinema, Murzban Road, Fort, Mumbai
- Intercontinental Marine Drive-Mumbai, 135 Netaji Subhash Road, Mumbai Maharashtra 4000020
- Mumbai Airport, Free WiFi
- Barista coffee shop next to Stirling Cinema, Murzban Road, Fort, Mumbai.
- Marine Drive-Mumbai, 135 Netaji Subhash Road, Mumbai Maharashtra 4000020.
- Barista Cofee N-16 Connaught Place.
- All Café Coffee Day (But not free)
- The Luncheon Café on Dickenson Road has free wifi inside.
- Savoy Suites Off Saki VIhar Road, Saki Naka, Mumbai, Saki Naka, 400072
|Free WiFi Zone Currently Available||MG Road, Brigade Road, Shanthi Nagar bus station, Yeshwantpur bus station, Koramangala bus station and CMH Road, Indiranagar|
|Soon to be Available||Whole city|
Bangalore was the first Indian city which offered free WiFi connectivity to it’s citizens in January this year. Soon the trend was caught on, and thanks to the Indian elections, lots of other state governments also started offering this service. Besides these 6 locations, Bangalore will soon have free WiFi for the entire city as well. We will keep you updated. Besides Bangalore, plans are also running to install free WiFi in cities such as Mysore, Mangalore and Hubli, which are developing their own IT infrastructure to compete Bangalore.
Apart from these various private establishments also provide with Free Wi-Fi. Here is the list os places/shops/establishments/hotels in Bangalore that provide free Wifi.
- Bangalore International Airport, Devanahalli – 560 300, India.
- Hotel Royal Orchid, HAL Airport Road, Bengaluru, 560 008, India
- The Luncheon Café on Dickenson Road has free wifi inside
- Hotel Atria on Palace Road offers free wifi for its guests
- St. Marks Hotel on 4/1 St. Marks Road has free wireless internet
|Free WiFi Zone Currently Available||Kankaria Lake, Gandhi ashram, Iskon mall, Karnavati club, Science city, Civil hospital, Drive-in, Madhupura market|
|Soon to be Available||Sabarmati Ashram, BJ Medical College and lots of more places|
On its 603rd birthday in February this year, Ahmedabad received it’s gift in the form of free WiFi connectivity in more than 8 locations as shared above. Modi, who was previously Gujarat CM had made it clear that digital is the new highway, and every citizen should be connected with this information superhighway. Reliance Jio has teamed up with Gujarat government to provide such free WiFi zones in Surat, Baroda and more cities in the state, which would be powered by 4G. We will keep you updated.
|Free WiFi Zone Currently Available||Between NIT-Patna on Ashok Rajpath to Danapur; stretch of 20 kms|
|Soon to be Available||N/A|
Bihar has beaten Beijing to open up world’s longest corridor of free WiFi connectivity; when the state government launched free WiFi zone between NIT-Patna on Ashok Rajpath to Danapur. A stretch of 20 kms of free WiFi zone is no-where in the world! But the response to this initiative has been dismal as several users have complained that the service is not available most of the times.
Besides these locations, free WiFi is now provided almost in every airport across the country, in addition to popular cafés such as Café Coffee Day and Barista. Interestingly, even Indian Railways is planning to provide free WiFi across its trains and platforms via satellite connectivity.
Here is a exhaustive list of all Free WiFi zones in the country, which includes both public and private locations.
Have we missed any location? Please help us build this list by mentioning any other Free WiFi zone in your city and state by commenting right here!