Book Cheaper Train Tickets With This New Credit Card By IRCTC-BoB (Full Details)
In a move to make traveling across the country in trains cheaper and full of financial perks, the NBFC wholly-owned subsidiary of the public sector bank Bank of Baroda, BOB Financial Solutions Limited (BFSL) has partnered with the govt-owned ticket booking platform of Indian Railways, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd (IRCTC), to launch the first of its kind IRCTC BoB RuPay contactless credit card.
The card is specially made to provide more discounts to users booking their train tickets, with some exciting offers.
The IRCTC BoB RuPay card users will be awarded with various perks on shopping across categories from grocery to fuel stations.
Complete details of the IRCTC BoB RuPay credit card is depicted further in the article.
Benefits of the IRCTC BoB Credit Card
- Cardholders can use the card for transactions at international merchants and ATMs through the payment brand JCB network.
- For bookings made on 1AC, 2AC, 3AC, CC, or EC tickets using the credit card, through the IRCTC website or mobile app, cardholders will be rewarded with upto 40 reward points.
- For every train ticket booking made using the card, the transaction fee will be slashed by 1%.
- Customers making a single purchase worth Rs 1,000 or more within 45 days of card issuance will get 1,000 bonus reward points.
- The card will offer 4 reward points (Rs 100 spent) on grocery and departmental stores and 2 reward points on other categories, states a Mint report.
- Cardholders of the co-branded credit card can avail 4 complimentary visits to partner railway lounges in a year.
- Also, cardholders can get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver across all the petrol pumps in the country.
- The total/cumulated reward points on the IRCTC app or website can only be redeemed after the cardholder links his/her Loyalty Number with their IRCTC login ID.
The Loyalty Number is printed on the IRCTC BoB Credit Card.
Here’s What Different Parties Have to Say
As per an IRCTC spokesperson, “IRCTC is extremely pleased and honored to partner with BOB Financial, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda in presenting the new co-branded contactless credit card on RuPay platform in collaboration with NPCI.
IRCTC has rich experience in offering its customers with such co-branded cards and has a tie-up with another public sector bank to offer its loyalty program to its customers.”
According to BFSL, “The card will offer uninterrupted payment convenience and benefits to customers for rail travel as well as all other shopping needs.
We also expect the co-branded card to act as a catalyst for further adoption of digital payments in deeper geographies, helped by the presence of both the railway network as well as BoB branches.”, quoted a Mint report.