These New AC 2 Coaches Can Now Travel At 180 Kmph Speed! Indian Railways Conducts Speed Test In This Route
Indian Railways has successfully conducted speed trials of the new AC-2 tier LHB coach. The new coach clocked 180 kilometres per hour speed. The trial was conducted in the Nagda-Kota-Sawai Madhopur section.
Railways Conducting Trials Of New AC 2tier LHB Coach!
The Ministry of Railways also posted a video of the incident, in which the train’s speedometer is seen touching 180 kmph and the train passing the different markings at breakneck speed.
According to a senior railway official of West Central Railway(WCR),” The trials were conducted to check the various aspects of the coach and its compliance with the Europen standards.”
” Indian Railways has carried out more than 60-speed trials of various coaches and locomotives in the WCR in the Nagda-Kota-Sawai Madhopur section whose total length is around 350 km and till date around 8900 km speed trail has been conducted in this section,” the railway official told Mint.
- The passenger capacity of this new passenger coach has been extended to 83 berths, up from the old three-tier capacity of 72 berths.
- Redesigned AC ducting to give separate AC vents for each bunk, improved and modular berth design for accessing the middle and upper beds.
- The design has been improved for both Indian and Western-style lavatories.
- Each coach has a bigger and one disabled-friendly restroom access door.
- As part of the passenger facilities in these coaches, public address and passenger information systems have been installed.
- Ambience and ease of access into the coach have been improved by the aesthetically pleasing and ergonomic entrance.
- The coach’s interior features illuminated aisle markers, illuminating berth indications, and night lighting with illuminated berth numbers.