India’s 1st 5-Star Hotel On Railway Tracks In This City! Rs 71 Crore Spent On Redevelopment (Images)
Indian Railways today shared an old photo of Gandhinagar Capital railway station a day ahead of it being inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Inauguration of Gandhinagar Capital station!
Both the “before” and “after” images of the Gandhinagar railway station were released on Twitter by the Railway Ministry. The railway station’s main attraction is a five-star hotel which will be constructed in a railway station. The very first time, we can see something like this indeed!
For the redevelopment of the station, the Government of Gujarat and the Indian Railway Station Development Corporation (IRSDC) formed a Joint Venture SPV called Gandhinagar Railway and Urban Development (GARUD). The Gandhinagar Capital Railway Station was upgraded for a total cost of 71.50 crores.
The luxury hotel, having 318 rooms and to be operated by a private entity, is spread across 7,400 square meters and has been built for ?790 crores, said the release.
The hotel would host national and international guests who would come to attend seminars and conferences at Mahatma Mandir, a convention centre situated just opposite the property, it said.
Gandhinagar Capital Station With Modern Amenities
Minister of State for Railways & Textiles, Darshana Jardosh shared a video clip of the railway station at night.
- There are segregated Entry and Exit surrounded by landscaped areas. Parking facilities have been provided for more than 300 vehicles.
- There is an inter-faith prayer hall, an art gallery with LED wall display lounge, baby feeding room, centralized AC waiting hall, Double height entrance lobby with spacious ticketing facility etc.
- Special Care has been taken to make it a Divyang friendly station by providing it with a special ticket booking counter, ramps, lifts, dedicated parking space etc.
- In terms of vertical circulation, escalators and elevators have been provided at the station.
- Seamless Wi-Fi connectivity is available on the station. The 3 platforms are well connected through 2 subways.
- The centralized AC multipurpose waiting lounge can seat 40 people. The waiting area at the platform can seat almost 500 passengers.
- The entire station, including platforms, is equipped with a fire hydrant system and extinguishers for safety. Fire detection and fire sprinklers are installed in the Arrival and Departure zones, as well as the underground.