Indian Railways Cancels 28 More Trains Due To This Reason (Full List Of Cancelled Trains)
Due to “poor patronisation”, low occupancy and a surge in Covid 19 cases, the Indian Railways authorities cancelled 28 pairs of long-distance special train services amid the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic throughout the country.
Cancelled Trains From Northern Railways Zone
These special trains will be discontinued from 9 May until further notice according to the statement issued by the authorities.
The special train services which come under the administration of the Northern Railways zone includes popular trains such as Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto Express trains and others.
Below is the list of special trains which are cancelled from the Northern Railway Zone.
Cancelled Trains In Eastern Railways Zone
The Eastern Railways zone has also decided to cancel the special train services starting from 7 May. Following are the cancelled special train details.
- Train Number 02019 Howrah – Ranchi Special train, operating six days a week except on Sundays, is cancelled.
- Train Number 02339 Howrah – Dhanbad Special train, operating every day, is cancelled.
- Train Number 03028 Azimganj – Howrah Special train, operating on a daily basis, is cancelled
- Train Number 03501 Haldia – Asansol Special train, operating six days a week except on Sundays, is cancelled
- Train Number 03118 Lalgola – Kolkata Special train, operating on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, is cancelled
- Train Number 03117 Kolkata – Lalgola Special train, operating on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, is cancelled
What About Other Railway Zones?
Prior to this, the South Central Railway (SCR) has also cancelled many trains which were scheduled to run between 28 April and 1.
These trains belong to the routes going through the cities like Mumbai, Nagpur, Secunderabad, Hyderabad.
Earlier, the Indian Railways decided to cancel 40 train services in April.
It was due to the severity of the COVID situation and also because of the low passenger load.
During that time, the North Western Railway (NWR) region deputy general manager Lt Shashi Kiran said that the cancellation of these 40 trains will remain suspended till further orders.