Top 9 Features Of IRCTC’s New Website Which Every Rail Passenger Should Know!
- The revamped IRCTC application has adopted technologies like Artificial intelligence.
- AI has enabled auto-generated suggestions for journeys in the user-friendly updated app.
The endeavors of the Railway Ministry have finally manifested. The revamped website of IRCTC launched on 31 December 2020 has been built with the intention of providing holistic convenience to the passengers.
What Changes Are Done In The IRCTC App?
The updated IRCTC app has emerged to be a modernized application driven by the latest technologies like Artificial Intelligence.
Talking about the improved website Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal said, “Based on an AI platform, the IRCTC website will have frequent traveler’s history along with their travel pattern. Before the COVID-19 pandemic, around 73% of tickets for railway travel were booked through the IRCTC website but post-coronavirus around 83% of the tickets are now booked through IRCTC.”
“There are about 6 crore users registered with IRCTC and every minute around 25,000 tickets are booked on the website. On the new website around 40,000 people could log in at the same time and now this capacity has been increased to 5 lakh people/users at the same time,” he added.
If the application is able to pull off its updates seamlessly, the railway booking process will indeed be much faster and simpler for the passengers.
What Are The Definitive Features Of The Application?
- User-friendly interface: Passengers will be able to book tickets with less hassles and complications
- AI-enabled auto-generated suggestions of the journey: The AI powering the website will auto-suggest the destinations and stations
- Improved search engine to find suitable trains: Searching for trains and routes becomes easy now
- Addition of ‘one-stop’ train selection feature
- Integrated booking of accommodation: Now book waiting rooms and dormitory along with the main ticket bookings
- Details of last Transactions: Accessing the recent and last transaction details becomes easy, and seamless
- One-click gesture for refund status and cancellations: Accessing information about the refunds and cancellations is now with one-click
- All the information related with availability of berths and the trains on one single page, which means less time to navigate the data
- “One Click” enabled procedure to book tickets of selected trains and routes
The revamped application is already out and running since 1 January 2021.
We will keep you posted with further updates.