Work From Home For Infosys Staff Will Not Be Permanent; Hybrid Model Can Come Into Force
What Does The Hybrid Model Have?
“What we are looking at is a model, where some of our employees will continue to work from home and others from office,” Rao said, on the occasion of the 39th Infosys Annual General Meeting.
Further he added, “But it is too early to say how many will work from office in the future,”.
Since the start of the nationwide lockdown in March, IT firms have enabled WFH for thousands of their employees in a matter of a couple of weeks.
So far, the IT industry is giving employment to over 50 lakh people and out of that, almost 90 percent of these employees across the companies are working from home now.
While in case of Infosys, over 95 percent of the employees are working from home and 5 percent from office as Mr Rao said.
Further he added, “We are in no hurry to bring the employees back to work,”.
Although, the IT Giant has halted its campus expansion plans given that the model is still evolving.
What About Expansion?
While talking about the expansion to North East, Mr. Rao said that while the company has presence in Bhubaneshwar and Kolkata, there are no plans to expand right now.
However he added that the company would take a call as the situation calls for.
This simply may imply that the multinational company does not completely rule out campus expansions, though it might not be at the scale it has been before.
It seems to be in exact contrast with the TCS’ WFH model.
As compared to Infosys, TCS is planning to make WFH permanent in future.
As per the reports, the company is planning to have 75 percent of its employees working from home by 2025 and while the other 25 percent will have to work from office.
However, according to experts, the ideal method should have a mix of both where the company offers employees the flexibility to do both as per their comfort and will.