95% Employees In TCS, Wipro, Infosys Working From Home; 75% TCS Staff Will Never Come To Office!
Covid-19 has brought about a lot of changes and these changes are turning out more and more difficult to adapt to.
While workplaces are resuming, issues related to confidence on safety measures taken by offices are staggering.
Speaking of the IT sector, companies of this sector have until now very positively adapted the ‘Work from Home’ regime, to ensure the safety and well-being of their employees.
There have been numerous reports stating that the industry has seen massive layoffs and salary cuts during the nation-wide lockdown mapping over different phases.
Now that Unlock 1 has started, offices have started to resume. However, even now, IT giants like TCS, Infosys and Wipro are using their maximum workforce on work from home basis.
Unlock 1 Still Utilizes Minimum In-Office Force
Even after announcing that the first phase of Unlock will see offices resuming and people starting to move towards workplaces, IT giants have still not allowed a large percentage of their employees to work from offices.
- Over 95% of TCS employees continue to work from home,
- 97% of Wipro employees are currently working from home, while
- Only 2% of Infosys’ workforce has started working in office in phase-1, and coming phase-2, this percentage will be 6-7%.
In a nutshell, over 95% of employees at these 3 IT companies continue to work from home.
Work from Home Regime
Wipro is adopting a staggered approach towards reopening offices.
According to Wipro, only those employees whose clients didn’t approval for work from home, constituting less than 10% of the workforce have returned to work from the office. It has assured to adhere to WHO guidelines to make sure all safeguard measures are in place.
Similarly, even TCS said that they’re resuming operations in a phased manner in select offices with minimal capacity.
The guidelines include
- awareness sessions for employees and vendors,
- self-declaration forms,
- alteration of workspace layout, and
- virtual collaboration tools for meetings.
It has also taken measures like temperature screening at all entry gates, use of hand sanitizers, periodic deep cleaning and disinfecting of office premises as also sanitizing all vehicles entering TCS premises.
TCS’ Secure Borderless Work Spaces
TCS has provided the information that the work from home system, which started as a consequence of the Covid-19 pandemic, is actually working pretty well for the company and that it might shift to this operating model, as the lockdown opens.
According to TCS’ Secure Borderless Work Spaces vision,
- It will implement Work From Home permanently by 2025
- It’ll ask its 4.5 L global workforce and its 3.5L Indian workforce to work from home permanently by 2025.
- The new model called 25/25 will require only not more than 25% of the workforce at the office to perform with 100% productivity. This means that this model will demand for a far lesser space.
- Under this new model, each employee will spend only 25% of their working time in office.
- This means that only 75% of a project time will have to be in a single working location.