Penalty For DTH, Cable If They Don’t Show 25 DD Channels; These 6 TV Serials Will Re-Run On Doordarshan!
Amidst the lockdown imposed by coronavirus, Doordarshan has now decided to re-telecast 6 more classic shows.
Along with Ramayana and Mahabharat, Doordarshan had already announced the re-telecast of Circus, Byomkesh Bakshi and Chanakya.
With this, there are now 11 classic TV serials, which are being re-run on Doordarshan.
Besides, Govt has ordered every DTH and Cable operator to include all 25 DD channels and Rajya Sabha, Lok Sabha channels for their customers.
If they fail to do so, then there can be penalties
Here are the details..
Re-Broadcast Of These 7 Old Shows
Since every Indian is right now inside their homes due to the lockdown, Doordarshan has decided to re-run 5 more classic TV shows from the past.
- Shaktimaan, which will be telecasted at 1PM daily, starting from April 1st
- Upanishad Ganga, which will be telecasted in the afternoon slots from April 1st
- Shriman Shrimati, which will telecasted daily at 2PM from April 1st
- Krishna Kali, which will be telecasted at 0830PM from April 1st
- Hum Hain Na and Tu Tota Main Maina will be also telecasted from April 1st
- Earlier, Doordarshan had announced that they will run Ramayana and Mahabharat, daily
- Circus, Chanakya, Byomkesh Bakshi will also be broadcasted
If you want to watch these shows on Doordarshan, without using Internet, then click here.
Govt Will Impose Penalty On DTH, Cable Operators
Meanwhile Govt has informed all DTH and Cable operators to show all 25 DD channels, mandatorily.
Besides the 25 DD channels, Lok Sabha TV and Rajya Sabha TV should also be broadcasted.
In case any DTH or Cable Operator fail to provide these 25 DD Channels, then Govt may impose penalty on these, under Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act, 1995.
Here is full press release by Govt and the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting on this matter.