50 Lakh Additional Berths Via 177 Trains For 4081 Journeys: Railways Plan For Dussera, Diwali, Chhath Puja This Year!
Festive season ha started in India, with Dussera, Diwali and Chhath Puja round the corner. Lakhs of passengers will visit their native places, and excitement is all around.
In order to make travel arrangements smooth, Indian Railways has now made available a whopping 50 lakh additional berths for the festive season.
Which zones of the Indian Railways will have additional seats, and where will they travel to? Find out right here!
Indian Railways Will Have Special Trains With Over 50 Lakh Berths
We all know the hassles of booking tickets during the festive season, and seats of trains get booked quite well in advance. In 2017, whooping 6 lakh passengers descended at New Delhi Railway Station per day, during this festive season.
Even India’s 1st private train: Tejas Express already has made about 2000 seat bookings already, and the reason is the rush for festive season.
In order to make smoother travel arrangements, Indian Railways has made the provision of offering 50 lakh berths, as 177 special trains will run making a total of 4081 journeys.
These trains will run from metropolitan cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai to the destinations such as Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and Bihar.
Complete List Of Indian Railway Zones That Will Run Special Trains
Here is a complete list of the special trains that will be run on Indian Railway Zones and the total number of journeys they will run:
- Northern Railways will run 32 special trains with 466 journeys
- North Central Railway will run 6 special trains with 156 journeys
- North Eastern Railway will run 3 special trains with 36 journeys
- Northeast Frontier Railway will run 3 special trains with 60 journeys
- North Western Railway will run 15 special trains with 472 journeys
- Eastern Railway will run 9 special trains with 76 journeys
- East Central Railway will run 4 special trains with 16 journeys
- East Coast Railway will run 6 special trains with 130 journeys
- Southern Railway will run 19 special trains with 464 journeys
- South Central Railway will run 14 special trains with 354 journeys
- South Eastern Railways will run 8 special trains with 160 journeys
- South East Central Railways will run 1 special train with 2 journeys
- South Western Railway will run 13 special trains with 910 journeys
- Central Railway will run 17 special trains with 126 journeys
- Western Railway will run 16 special trains with 298 journeys
- West Central Railway will run 11 special trains with 355 journeys
However, as we have seen in the past, due to the introduction of these special trains, the regular trains get delayed and there is still chaos all around. It would be interested to observe how so many additional trains are managed by Indian Railways this year.