Football Conquers Facebook: Messi Most Discussed Player; Brazil Most Favourite Team!
Facebook has shared some interesting details related to FIFA World Cup 2018
FIFA World Cup 2018 ended last Sunday, with France emerging as the winners and Croatia, the brave-hearted team becoming runners-up.
Facebook, which is World’s largest social network has now shared some interesting details related to #FIFAWC2018 – like which players were the most talked about, which team was the favourite and what football fans did on their platform.
Since Facebook also owns Instagram, their report has some fascinating details about Instagram stories and their users as well!
Most Talked About Player: Lionel Messi
Lionel Andrés Messi, the swashbuckling Argentine footballer was the most talked about player of the tournament, atleast on Facebook and Instagram.
Despite the early exit of his team, the fan following of Messi kept him alive on social media.
Neymar Jr beat Ronaldo to become second most talked about player, while Ronaldo himself was at #3. Philippe Coutinho from Brazil was at #4 and Mohamed Salah from Egypt was at #5.
Brazil Most Talked About team
As per Facebook and Instagram data, Brazil was the #1 team about which football fans talked about on social media. France, the eventual winners were at #3 in this list, while Argentina was at #2.
Russia managed to grab #4 spot, while Mexico was at #5.
Most Loved Post On Facebook
After Mexico upset Germany during group stage, their player named Raúl Jiménez had shared an image on Facebook.
This received 4000 likes and more than 90 shares.
Facebook has described this as the most loved post of #FIFAWC2018.
Social Media Highlights from FIFA2018
- There are 400 million football fans on Facebook, and 140 million on Instagram. This is 3X more than any other sports, on either platform.
- On Instagram, more than 11 million Stories were posted during the tournament.
- Top 5 hashtags used during the tournament were: #worldcup; #worldcup2018; #football; #copadomundo and #football
- Globally, 270 million Instagram users had 3 billion interactions related to FIFA World Cup.
- 5 countries whose fans participated in the most number of discussions and talks related to FIFA World Cup were: Brazil, the US, Mexico, India and Vietnam
You can find the complete Facebook report on #FIFAWC2018 right here.