Govt, Private Banks Will Be Closed For 12 Days In December: Full List Of Bank Holidays
Banks will be closed for up to 12 days in December due to festivals (as per RBI calendar) including the weekend leaves. Though not all banks may be closed for a certain festival except those in the states where the event is held.
‘Holiday under the Negotiable Instruments Act and Real-Time Gross Settlement Holiday’, as well as ‘Banks’ Closing of Accounts,’ are the other classifications for the RBI listing.
These holidays are divided into three categories:
- State-specific holidays
- Religious events
- Festival celebrations.
Holiday Under Negotiable Instruments Act
Here Is A Full List Of Bank Holidays For December As Per RBI Mandate:
- December 3: Feast of St. Francis Xavier — Goa
- December 18: Death Anniversary of U Soso Tham — Shillong
- December 24: Christmas Festival (Christmas Eve) — Aizawl, Shillong
- December 25: Christmas — Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Panaji, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram
- December 27: Christmas Celebration — Aizawl
- December 30: U Kiang Nangbah — Shillong
- December 31: New Year’s Eve — Aizawl
- Apart from the varying state-wise holidays. The banks will remain closed on some of the days of the weekends.
- December 5: Sunday
- December 11: Second Saturday of the month
- December 12: Sunday
- December 19: Sunday
- December 25: Fourth Saturday of the month and Christmas
- December 26: Sunday