Govt, Private Banks Will Remain Closed For 12 Days In September: Full List Of Bank Holiday In September, 2021
Banks will be closed for up to 12 days in September due to festivals (as per RBI calendar), second and fourth Saturdays, and weekly offs (Sunday). Though not all banks may be closed for a certain festival except those in the states where the event is held.
These holidays are divided into three categories:
- State-specific holidays
- Religious events
- Festival celebrations.
Aside from the seven days off, there are six-weekend leaves in all. However, because one of the holidays overlaps with the second Saturday, the total number of days off is just 12.
Holiday Under Negotiable Instruments Act
The RBI categorises the September vacations as a “Holiday under the Negotiable Instruments Act.”
‘Holiday under the Negotiable Instruments Act and Real-Time Gross Settlement Holiday’, as well as ‘Banks’ Closing of Accounts,’ are the other classifications for the RBI listing.
Though not all banks may be closed for a certain festival except those in the states where the event is held. The official RBI bank holiday list starts only from September 8.
The overall list of bank holidays, however, begins on September 5, which is the first Sunday of the month. The RBI list will see the holidays for banks in September, end on September 21.
Bank Holidays In September 2021
- 08 September 2021: Tithi of Srimanta Sankardeva
- 09 September 2021: Teej (Haritalika)
- 10 September 2021: Ganesh Chaturthi/Samvatsari (Chaturthi Paksha)/Vinayakar Chathurthi/Varasiddhi Vinayaka Vrata
- 11 September 2021: Ganesh Chaturthi (2nd day)
- 17 September 2021: Karma Puja
- 20 September 2021: Indrajatra
- 21 September 2021: Sree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day
Weekend Holidays In September 2021
- 05 September 2021 – Weekly off (Sunday)
- 11 September 2021 – Second Saturday
- 12 September 2021 – Weekly off (Sunday)
- 19 September 2021 – Weekly off (Sunday)
- 25 September 2021 – Fourth Saturday
- 26 September 2021 – Weekly off (Sunday)