Indian Railways Restarts These 24 Trains With No Change In Timings: Full List Here
With the number of Covid-19 cases falling slightly, the economy is very steadily and cautiously treading on the paths of recovery. Hospitality and travel sector is too, seeing slight levels of recovery.
Indian Railways has announced to resume some trains which were earlier suspended given the second wave of the pandemic in the country.
The national transporter announced resuming twenty four passenger trains on June 5 and 6. Additionally, the East Central Railways have informed of restoring the services of passenger special trains operating under its jurisdiction.
New Summer Special Trains Started
With the announcement of restarting 24 passenger trains, the Indian Railways has clarified that there will be no changes in respect of timings, stoppages, routes, or/and fares of these trains. They are all to remain the same as before the suspension of services.
It must be noted that the trains will follow strict implementation of COVID-19 guidelines, making it mandatory for the passengers to abide by them.
Furthermore, the Railways have decided to run some summer special trains.
To ease the travel route between UP and Bihar, summer special train service between Gorakhpur-Panvel, Delhi-Gorakhpur and Chhapra-Panvel, informed Railway Minister Piyush Goyal on Friday.
- The Gorakhpur-Panvel special train has started from June 6 and will operate for two days a week, passing through Bhopal, Jhansi, Orai, Kanpur, Lucknow, Gonda and Basti.
- The Gorakhpur-Anand Vihar special train has started from June 7 and will run two days a week, covering Ghaziabad, Moradabad, Bareilly, Sitapur, Gonda and Basti.
- The Chhapra-Panvel special train on the other hand, will start its operation from June 12 and will run weekly, passing through stations like Bhusaval, Jabalpur, Prayagraj, Varanasi, Ghazipur and Ballia.
List of all the Trains Resuming Under the East Central Railways from June 5
- Darbhanga-Harnagar-Darbhanga DEMU Passenger Special Train (05591/05592)
- Darbhanga-Jhanjharpur DEMU Passenger Special Train (05579)
- Saharsa-Badhra Kothi-Saharsa DEMU Passenger Special Train (05230/05229)
- Badhra Kothi-Bamankhi-Badhara Kothi DEMU Passenger Special Train (05238/05237)
- Fatuha-Rajgir- Fatuha MEMU Passenger Special Train (03224/03223)
- Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay-Dildarnagar-Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Passenger Special (03641/03642)
- Dildarnagar-Tarighat-Dildarnagar Passenger Special Train (03647/03648)
- Gaya-Kiul-Gaya MEMU Passenger Special (03356/03355)
- Vaishali-Sonpur-Vaishali DEMU Passenger Special Train (05519/05520)
- Sonpur-Katihar MEMU Passenger Special Train (03368)
- Samastipur-Katihar MEMU Passenger Special Train (03316)
- Sonpur-Chapra-Sonpur MEMU Passenger Special Train (05247/05248)
Trains Starting from June 6
- Jhanjharpur-Darbhanga DEMU Passenger Special Train (05580)
- Katihar-Sonpur MEMU Passenger Special Train (03367)
- Katihar-Samastipur MEMU Passenger Special Train (03315)