These Indian Companies Will Buy Covid-19 Vaccine For All Employees: Tata, Mahindra, ITC & More
With the vaccination drive started across different states in India by the Modi government, Indian companies have come forward and reportedly indulged into conversations with vaccine manufacturers, regarding bulk doses of vaccines for their respective employees, once the government covers priority segments.
In this article, we will highlight the Indian organizations, which are in discussions of vaccinating their employees, once the vax shots get commercials.
Companies To Purchase Vax Shots for Employees
With the onset of the country’s vaccination drive across different states by the central government on Saturday, the health ministry informed that a total of 381,305 frontline workers were vaccinated until Monday.
This was followed by many companies indulging into initial checks of vaccines being available to them, once all frontline COVID warriors get vaccinated.
According to Reuters,
- steel producer Jindal Steel and Power Ltd,
- auto and tech conglomerate Mahindra Group, and
- Consumer goods giant ITC Ltd
Have started initial checks on vaccines being available to buy after the government covers priority segments.
ITC head of corporate human resources, Amitav Mukherji says, “ITC would certainly like to extend the vaccination to employees… We have approached vaccine manufactures and are in exploratory talks”.
JSPL chief human resource officer, Pankaj Lochan says, “We are reaching out to vaccine manufacturers for bulk supply of doses and will try to get these doses after completion of all frontline COVID warriors’ vaccination.”
Other Companies in Conversations
- Tata Steel informs its employees as soon as the shots get commercially available.
- Mahindra Group informs that it is too interested in buying vaccines for employees.
- The global consumer goods giant Unilever reported last week that it has strongly been encouraging employees to get vaccinated, and is considering buying shots to share with people in poorer countries.