Flipkart Big Billion Days: 66 Cr Hits; 110 Orders/Sec; 1 Cr Orders Delivered! (Best Selling Items?)
During The Big Billion Days (TBBD), garnered an overwhelming response amidst the pandemic festive season.
Over 66 crores of visits were recorded on Flipkart with over 52% of these visits recorded from Tier III cities and beyond.
Read on to know more about Flipkart TBBD success…
Flipkart Saw Massive Growth in Number of Sellers!
Flipkart’s TBBD went live on October 17 and ended on October 21.
TBBD 2020, witnessed 1.5 times the number of transacting sellers last year, amongst whom more than 35% witnessed 3 times more sales vis-à-vis TBBD 2019. Of the 35%, around 60% of the sellers were from Tier II and Tier III towns.
Crorepati vendors rose by 1.5x whereas the number of Lakhpati sellers saw a 1.7x jump. Flipkart marketplace has seen 40,000 Lakhpati sellers.
The Flipkart Samarth program for artisans and weavers saw a 7x growth in the number of sellers with the program reaching 7x more cities. Over 60% of Samarth sellers came from Tier II and beyond cities with top-performing categories being handloom cotton saree, home decor, etc.
Key Highlights According to Category!
During TBBD 2020, the platform reported 110 orders placements per second
The platform also achieved 1 crore deliveries with more than 35 lakh deliveries done through Kirana partners in the first five days of TBBD.
As opposed to last year, 20x was witnessed this year in TBBD with consumer electronics and fashion being the key drivers. This can be cited to the work from home culture and ongoing and upcoming festive season.
- 2x growth in customers visiting the mobile category.
- The premium segment of smartphones driven by Apple, Google, and Samsung witnessed a growth of 3.2x.
- 30% growth in customers adopting for product exchange compared to TBBD 2019.
- 46% growth in the adoption of bank offers compared to last year.
- The electronics category witnessed a 2x year-on-year (YOY) growth in TBBD 2020.
- The top sellers were laptops, desktops followed by audio, IoT, camera, and tablets.
- Nearly 35 lakh Audio devices and accessories where 10 lakh headphones were sold by the end of day 1.
- 10x YOY growth in the True Wireless segment against TBBD 2019.
- Tier III city customers drove the sale of large appliances with nearly 50% demand coming from the region for this ASP category
- Over 500 brands made available their large products to millions of customers
- 1 in every 35 people was a small office/home office business owners
Offices and Institutes
- Over 1 lakh offices and institutes shopped online and availed GSTIN.
- Offices and institutes from New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune, Surat, Hyderabad, Chennai, Jaipur, and Kolkata led the top cities chart from where demand was seen.
- Top categories included mobile handsets, laptops, television, wireless earphones, Bluetooth headsets, smartwatches, routers, power banks, and furniture such as beds, sofas, and sectionals amongst others.
Digital Transactions On The Rise!
TBBD 2020 witnessed more than a 55% jump in digital payments transactions on Flipkart with a steep increase in the ‘New to digital’ customer base. Customer savings through various bank and wallet led offers were 1.6X as opposed to 2019
EMI options and Pay Later were an enabler of credit for customers during TBBD. The EMI option showed 1.7x higher adoption and the Pay Later option clocked 7x higher spending in the sale.
Electronic Gift Vouchers (EGVs) also seemed to be a favorite amongst customers as this mode of payment saw a 40% raise this year compared to last year.