Uber Starts Operations In Green, Orange Zones: List Of Cities Covered, Rules For Taking Rides
As the Centre issued a directive allowing the operation of cab aggregators in the Green and Orange Zone in the country, Uber has confirmed that it will start operating from May 4, in select regions.
Read to find out more…
Uber Resumes Operations with Strict Guidelines in Green and Orange Zones!
Uber said, “If you must travel, Uber is ready to serve residents in these zones from Monday, May 4, 2020. Riders will constantly be notified with further information and the status of specific cities through our app.”
In the green zone, Uber recommends that not more than two riders should travel in a single ride at a time, besides the driver. Also, the seat next to the driver has to remain empty when travelling.
The cab aggregator in compliance with government’s orders has confirmed that it won’t be operating in red zones for now. “Our services remain suspended in all cities which fall under the red zone. However, we’ll continue to serve our communities in this zone with Uber Essential and UberMedic.”
In Which Areas has Uber Resumed Its Operations?
Areas covered in the green zone are Cuttack, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Silvassa and Daman.
Areas covered in the orange zone include Amritsar, Gurgaon, Panchkula, Tiruchirapalli, Asansol, Hubli, Prayagraj, Udaipur, Bhubaneshwar, Kozhikode, Puducherry, Vapi, Coimbatore, Mangalore, Rajkot, Visakhapatnam, Dehradun, Mehsana, Rohtak, Durgapur, Mohali, Thiruvananthapuram, Ghaziabad, Nadiad and Thrissur.
Uber Essential is available in Bangalore, Bhopal, Hyderabad, Indore, Mumbai, Nashik, and Ludhiana.
UberMedic is available in Delhi. Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Kolkata, Patna, Lucknow, Noida, Kanpur, Prayagraj, Agra, Ghaziabad, Jamshedpur, Surat, Guwahati.
Uber’s Own Safety Guidelines.
Uber has stated some safety guidelines that it is taking to keep drivers and riders safe.
- If you’re sick, please stay home.
- Wash your hands with soap or use a sanitizer before and after every ride.
- It’s mandatory to wear a face mask/ covering during an Uber ride. If you sneeze or cough, do so into your elbow or a tissue.
- You can either open the windows for ventilation or ask your driver to switch on the A/C in the fresh air mode only.
- Whenever possible, please use digital payments.
- Please handle your personal luggage and belongings yourself.
- As directed by the government, senior citizens over 65 years of age, persons with existing ailments (comorbidities), pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 should stay home, except for essential requirements.
- Drivers and riders can cancel trips if they don’t feel comfortable due to safety reasons. In such cases, Uber will provide a full refund of cancellation charges, if the rider submits a cancellation request through the app.