Indian Uber Riders Left Mobiles, Artificial Tooth, Broom Inside Cabs; Mumbai #1 In Forgetting Things
They say forgetfulness is a blessing, but not if you forget a wallet full of money, headphones or that really expensive pair of glasses in an Uber ride! Last year it was Bengaluru, and this year its Mumbai – Uber has declared that Mumbai has this year’s largest number of forgetful people, followed by Kolkata, Prayagraj, Delhi. Bengaluru stands at the 5th position this year.
Uber has provided some unique insights on the forgetfulness of its customers, including some of the quite unique items that were left behind by riders.
Read on to find out which items, cities, and even days, made it to Uber’s Lost and Found Index 2020!
Top 10 Most Commonly Forgotten Items
- Water Bottle
Top 10 Most ‘Forgetful’ Cities
Top 5 Most Forgetful Days of the Year
- August 03, 2019
- July 06, 2019
- August 31, 2019
- June 30, 2019
- July 27, 2019
Top 20 Most Unique Lost Items
- Acrylic artificial tooth
- ‘Becoming’ – A book by Michelle Obama
- Exam Notes
- Medical Prescriptions
- Teddy bear
- Military shoes
- Kitchen Tawa
- Facial make-up kit
- 1 Blanket and 2 pillow
- Dettol bottle
- A Rose
- Safari suit
- AC remote
- Icebox with injection
- Tambola game
- Kids’ tricycle
If you are one of those people who forget and lose their stuff in a cab, here’s what you can do ;
- In the Uber app, go to “Menu”.
- Next, go to “Your Trips”, and select the trip where you forgot your belongings.
- After this, choose “Report an issue with this trip”.
- Next, tap on “I lost an Item”.
- Next, click on “Contact my driver about a lost item”
- At the end of the screen, enter your phone number and click submit.
- If you lost your phone, you can log on to your Uber account on a computer and give your friend’s or family’s phone number on which you can be contacted.
You will be contacted by the driver, who will confirm if your item has been found, and your item will be returned to you once you pick a convenient location.
If you are unable to connect with the driver, you can use the in-app support to record your complaint and the Uber Support Team will help you out.