MS Dhoni Smashes Facebook Record For IPL; 20 Cr Fans Watched IPL On Hotstar!
Facebook has released the phrases and personalities which dominated Facebook chatter; Hotstar has shared the numbers regarding their viewership.
Some interesting numbers and stats have emerged regarding the just concluded 11th edition of IPL or Indian Premier League.
While Facebook has released the phrases and personalities which dominated Facebook chatter; Star India’s Hotstar has shared the numbers regarding their viewership.
Major IPL 11 Highlights From Facebook
- Chennai Super Kings has not only beaten Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL 11 final but also beaten all other teams, when it comes to popularity on Facebook. As per details shared by Facebook, CSK along with their captain MS Dhoni were the most talked about terms this IPL.
- Thala and Whistle Podu has been described as the most loved part of the contest, as observed on Facebook.
- Mustafizur Rahman, who played for Mumbai Indians had wished Bengali new year in a unique way. This was the second most loved part of the contest.
- In terms of teams, Mumbai Indians, and SunRisers Hyderabad were at #2 and #3 position for most talked about teams.
- Besides MS Dhoni, the most talked about players during IPL 11 were: Virat Kohli (Bangalore), Chris Gayle (Punjab), Rohit Sharma (Mumbai) and Suresh Raina (Chennai).
Major IPL 11 Highlights From Hotstar
- Star India has said that 20 crore+ viewers logged on to Hotstar app, and watched IPL matches. This is 55% more than the last year when 130 million viewers watched IPL matches on Hotstar.
- The final match between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Chennai Super Kings was watched by a record 10.3 million viewers, which is maximum for any match, till date.
- Just for records, till date, the highest viewership recorded in the Asia Pacific by Hotstar was ICC Champions’ Trophy featuring India and Pakistan, when around 4.5 million viewers watched the online live stream at the same time.
- This year, the first record was broken when 5.5 million viewers watched Chennai Super Kings versus Kolkata Knight Riders match, at the same time.
- Besides the finals, May 22 match between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Chennai Super Kings was watched by 8.26 million viewers, at the same time.
- Just for comparison, around 560 million viewers watch TV in a month in India, compared to 225 million Youtube watchers.
Where did you watch IPL 11? Do let us know, by commenting right here!