BSNL’s Loot Lo Offer Is Back With 60% Discount; Grabs Rs 25K Cr Govt Project!
BSNL has been allocated Rs 13,334 crore to create a dedicated optical fibre network for defence purposes, and Rs 6500 crore for expanding 2nd phase of Bharat Net project.
State carrier BSNL is again in the news, and this time, the stakes are really high.
Rs 25,000 crore worth of project has been allocated by Govt. of India to BSNL, related to Bharat Net mission. Meanwhile, Loot Lo offer for postpaid users is back, with even more discounts.
And free SIM as well.
BSNL Loot Lo Offer Is Back!
Last year in October, BSNL had launched Loot Lo offer for postpaid users, which is now back.
Under the new promotional scheme, BSNL users can get massive discount up to 60% on various postpaid plans, along with free SIM for new activations as well.
Salient features of Loot Lo offer:
- The offer is valid on all postpaid connections activation between March 6th and March 31, 2018
- Existing Postpaid users are also eligible if they activate a new postpaid plan under the Loot Lo offer.
- Activation charge is waived off, and the user will get Free SIM as well
- The postpaid plan must be activated for a period of 3-month, 6-month or 12-month to get the 60% discount
- BSNL’s popular Rs 99/- and Rs 145/- entry-level plans are not covered under this offer
- The discount offer is purely based on the postpaid plan chosen. E.g. for Rs 1525/- ‘premium’ postpaid plan, if the user opts it for 12 months, then a 60% discount is applicable. For 6 months, 45% discount is applicable. For 3 months, the discount will be 30%. This plan offers free calls, unlimited data without any FUP.
- The maximum discount is offered on Rs 1525/- plan, and the minimum discount is applicable for Rs 225/- plan.
- In Rs 225/- plan, the user can get 20% discount for 12-month validity; 8% for 6-month validity and 4% for 3-month plan.
- The plans which BSNL users can opt for availing discounts under Loot Lo offer are Rs 1525/-, Rs 1125/-, Rs 799/-, Rs 725/-, Rs 525/-, Rs 325/- and Rs 225/-.
You can find the exact details of discount for each of these plans here.
BSNL Grabs Rs 25,000 Cr Project!
Meanwhile, Govt. of India has allocated Rs 25,000 crore project concerning Bharat Net to BSNL.
As per information shared in the Parliament, BSNL has been allocated Rs 13,334 crore to create a dedicated optical fibre network for defence purposes, and Rs 6500 crore for expanding 2nd phase of Bharat Net project.
This was informed by Telecom Minister Manoj Sinha in Rajya Sabha.
The Minister’s statement said,
“Optical Fibre Cable based Network for Defence Services (NFS Project) has been given to BSNL on nomination basis at the cost of Rs 13,334 crore. For the execution of the Bharat Net project, the government has provided Rs 5,744 crore in Phase-I and has earmarked Rs 6,500 crore in Phase-II for BSNL.”
The Minister also informed the nation, that 3 IIMs have been assigned a ‘revival/restructuring plan for BSNL’ after BSNL was declared as “Incipient Sick”.
We will keep you updated.