Honor 8 Pro Launched in India – Specs, Price & Comparison With OnePlus 5
Huawei’s brand Honor, had an array of handsets on the list this year exclusively for India. They started out with Honor 6X, and then Honor 8 Lite in June and now their latest new flagship, the Honor 8 Pro.
The handset had a global launch last month and has a list of stellar features packed in at a cost that does burn a hole in your pocket. The smartphone features a dual camera set up, a big 4000mAh battery, 6GB of RAM and they are shipping a special retail box, which can be turned into a Google Cardboard viewer for VR experience.
Lets look at some of the features & specifications
Honor 8 Pro Specifications & Features
The device directly breaks into the sub 30k market and has a solid set of features to compete with some of the best flagships out there.
1. Design – With metal all around, the device is just 6.97mm thick (probably the slimmest flagships available currently) with curved sides.
2. Display – The device has a 5.7 inch Quad HD AMOLED Panel (1440 x 2560 pixels) with Gorilla Glass 3 protection and has got super slim side borders with the 2.5D curved edges.
3. Processor –The device will get powered by Kirin 960 SoC octa-core processor with four high-performance Cortex A73 cores running at 2.3GHz and four Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.8GHz.
4. RAM – Honor 8 Pro will get a huge 6GB of RAM. The device can run anything under the roof with an impressive RAM Management with intense multitasking.
5. Storage – The device has 128GB of storage on board which can further be expanded using an external memory card. The OS takes up around 16GB of space on the phone, and you will get over 100GB of free space on the board.
7. Software – Honor 8 Pro runs Nougat based EMUI 5.1 with Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box. The software works seamless with the 6GB of RAM and switching between apps and games works with ease.
8. Performance – The device scored a 124,151 on Antutu and 1,877 and 6,222 in the single and multi-core tests respectively on Geekbench.
9. Camera – Honor 8 Pro has powerful two 12 megapixel rear cameras. Other dual camera set ups generally have an extra telephoto lens but with Honor 8 Pro, the two lenses do the main job together. It can shoot videos in 4k and there’s a 8-megapixel front shooter coupled with an 77 degree wide angle lens.
10. Price and Availability – Honor 8 Pro will cost you Rs 29,999 in India and will be an Amazon India Exclusive product. The sales will go live on July 10, post 6PM (During Prime Day Sale).
— Honor India (@HiHonorIndia) July 6, 2017
Comparison: Honor 8 Pro Vs OnePlus 5?
Being priced at 30k, Honor 8 Pro is less expensive than Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro and Moto Z2 Play, and even the much-touted flagship killer OnePlus 5. With a list of almost-same features (and exceeding in few cases), it will be a tough fight between OP 5 and Honor 8 Pro. We do a quick specification comparison below.
|Honor 8 Pro
|5.5 inches Full HD Display (Super AMOLED)
|5.7 inch Quad HD AMOLED Display
|Snapdragon 835 clocked at 1.9GHz octa-core
|HiSilicon Kirin 960 (four Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.8GHz and four Cortex A73 cores clocked at 2.4GHz)
|Android 7.1.1 Nougat
|Android 7.0 Nougat
|Midnight Black and Slate Grey
|Navy Blue, Platinum Gold and Midnight Black
|Rs 32,999 (6/64GB Variant)
Will Honor 8 Pro be Successful in India? (Our Take)
Honor 8 Pro has a list of top-of-the-line specifications coupled with good looks and pocket-friendly price. The device is at par with some of the best flagships in the market. With the superb camera and processor, the device has it all and has potential to be a called a flagship killer.