Samsung Launches Galaxy J7 Pro & Galaxy J7 Max – Full Specs, Price, Availability, Comparison and More
Samsung has launched the two new successors of it’s popular Galaxy J7 smartphone in the country today. Galaxy J7 is one of those smartphones that had topped the ‘most sold smartphone list’ in the country.
The newer version or to be precise, the successors, Galaxy J7 Pro and the Galaxy J7 Max have a lot to deliver in 2017. Priced at Rs 20,900 and Rs 17,900 respectively, both some decent specifications and features.
Samsung J7 Pro (Specifications and Features)
The Galaxy J7 Pro launched today in India is essentially the same Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) that was launched in the European continent earlier in June.
- Design – The device has a metal unibody design with curved edges. With the signature antenna bands on the back, the device sports an interesting look.
- Display – Galaxy J7 Pro will feature a 5.5 inch full HD Super AMOLED display.
- Processor – The device will be powered by the latest Exynos 7870 SoC.
- RAM and Storage – The device will come with 3GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage that can further be expanded via an external microSD card.
- Camera – J7 Pro will be feature a 13-megapixel snapper on the back with a f/1.9 aperture with the option to record 1080p Full HD video. Samsung has tucked in a 13-megapixel front shooter too, accompanied by a flash.
- Battery – The J7 Pro will pack in a 3,600mAh battery.
- Software – The device will run Android Nougat 7.0 out-of-the-box and have the Samsung’s custom UI.
- Other Features – The device is IP54 certified and can resist accidental splashes and will support 4G LTE and have a USB Type-C port.
Samsung J7 Max (Specifications and Features)
The Galaxy J7 Max is the other one of the two successors of the Galaxy J7.
- Design – Sturdy metal body with a good form and curved edges.
- Display – As the name suggests, the J7 Max will come with a bigger 5.7 inch TFT display with full HD resolution.
- Processor – The device will run a MediaTek Helio P20 octa-core SoC processor.
- RAM and Storage – The device will have 4GB of RAM paired with 32GB of onboard storage which can be further be expanded via an external microSD card.
- Camera – It will share the same camera specs as Galaxy J7 Pro, a 13-megapixel rear shooter and a 13-megapixel shooter on the front.
- Battery – The device will pack in a 3,300mAh battery.
- Software – J7 Max will run Android Nougat out-of-the-box with Samsung’s custom UI.
- Other Features – Will support 4G LTE and will feature the smart glow mode around the rear camera like the Galaxy J3, which will glow to signal unread notifications.
COMPARISON (J7 Pro vs J7 Max)
|5.5 inch HD Display (Super AMOLED)
|5.7 inch HD Display (TFT Display)
|Exynos 7870 SoC
|MediaTek Helio P20 octa-core SoC
|Android 7.1.1 Nougat
|Android 7.1.1 Nougat
Samsung Introduces New Payment Feature Pay Mini (Plus, Rs. 800 Cash Back)
Samsung launched their new payment feature called Pay Mini, a watered down version of the Samsung Pay, for the devices without NFC feature. With this, you can use it to pay via mobile wallets and other payment services such like Paytm and UPI. It will work on any Samsung device with Android Lollipop and above which has a minimum of HD (720p) resolution display. Plus, you will get a Rs 800 cash back on the payments made using Pay Mini on the new smartphones.
Jio Users Will Get 120GB extra 4G Data
So, like many other smartphone brands, Samsung too wants to cash in on the Jio popularity. They have partnered with Jio and the J7 Pro and J7 Max buyers using Jio will get an additional 120GB extra 4G data.
What do you think – Will J7 pro and J7 max witness the same popularity as that of its predecessors? Do let us know in comments!