Do you know who are the highest Taxpayers in India. Most of you may guess that it may be one of these Business heads or the richest Indian guys on the Forbes list. In practical this is not very true. The top 10 list is crowded with Bollywood Stars, Hrithik Roshan leading the Bollywood list with close to 15.1 crores (approx $ 4 Million). I am surprised with the amount of movies Amitabh and Abhishekh Bacchan do, they do not even figure in top 11. Really really surprising. The 3rd on the list Shah Rukh Khan has been a consistent topper for a last few years.
Here is the list of highest taxpayers in India:
Taxes paid in 2006-07 (Rs. In crores)
1. N Raheja 16.50 ($4.05 Millions)
2. Hrithik Roshan 15.10 ($3.7 Millions)
3. Shah Rukh Khan 14.00 ($4.05 Millions)
4. Zia Mody 6.75 ($1.65 Millions)
5. Akshay Kumar 6.60 ($1.62 Millions)
6. Sachin Tendular 5.75 ($1.41 Millions)
7. M H Mody 5.45 ($1.34 Millions)
8. Dr S Bhattacharya 4.35 ($1.01 Millions)
9. Nishit Desai 3.15 ($.99 Millions)
10. Kareena Kapoor 2.90 ($.71 Millions)
11. John Abraham 1.10 ($.27 Millions)
Seeing the list, the first thought that comes to my mind is, where are all the other Bigwigs ????? I mean, I am sure there are hundreds of Indians earning more than Kareena Kapoor and John Abraham. What’s up with the Billion Dollar + Club, there are at least 40 of them as per last years Forbes list.