Vivo Bags IPL Sponsorship, Will Start Manufacturing Smartphones Domestically in Noida
Many people expected Paytm to be the next IPL sponsor – however, those rumours have been put to rest. Chinese Mobile handset manufacturer has now bagged 2 year IPL sponsorship deal from BCCI.
In a statement, BCCI has said, “The IPL title sponsorship right has been assigned to M/S Vivo mobiles. Vivo is to give the Bank Guarantee in next ten days”
The global beverage giant, Pepsico have been IPL sponsors since 2013 and had bagged sponsorship rights for 5 years till 2018. However, they suddenly pulled-out of sponsorship deal this year citing the recent spot-fixing turmoil. The had paid close to Rs. 400 Crore for 5 seasons of IPL Sponsorship. Before Pepsico, DLF were the main sponsors and they had paid Rs. 200 crore in 5 year sponsorship deal.
Pepsico India Vice President, Vipul Prakash said: “BCCI and PepsiCo have had a longstanding cordial relationship. Post our discussions it has been mutually agreed that PepsiCo will be assigning its title rights of IPL to Vivo Mobile India.”
Vivo Mobiles, the Chinese manufacturer has 8.1 percent market share and is the fourth largest Smartphone maker in China after Xiaomi, Huawei and Apple.
Vivo entered Indian shores last year, and has been aggressively trying to build base in India.
#MakeinIndia Vivo to Manufacture Smartphones Domestically
After every large Smartphone manufacturer having announced their decision to manufacture Smartphones locally, Vivo too has joined the bandwagon. Vivo Global CMO and India CEO Alex Feng told PTI, “At the end of this month our Greater Noida assembling unit will be operational that will bring over 2,000 jobs for the product lines and around 200 managerial positions also. The maximum capacity will be one million units per month”
The company has invested Rs. 125 crore in the first phase for their assembling unit, which has a capacity of churning out over 1 million phones per month.
Here are all major Make in India Announcements till date:
- Samsung to invest upto $1 billion in Uttar Pradesh; Sony will start manufacturing as well
- Ford will open Rs 6000 crore factory in India
- Foxconn, SoftBank and Bharti to invest $20 billion in Solar Energy
- Foxconn will create 10 lakh jobs in India and manufacture iPhone
- Huawei gets permission to start manufacturing
- LG announced Rs 1000 crore investment for domestic manufacturing
- Hero Group to manufacture electronics products in India
- Microsoft and Motorola will start local manufacturing
- Gionee will kickstart local manufacturing of their phones
- Lenovo will manufacture smartphones in India
- Airtel will make Make in India set-top boxes
- Japan to establish 11 industrial townships & double their investment
- Rs 4.5 Lakh Crore investments pledged during Digital India week
- Lava to invest Rs 2615 crore in India
- Foxconn commits investment of Rs 31000 crore in Maharashtra
- Xiaomi to start manufacturing at Sri City
- Phicomm to invest Rs 6300 crore in India
- ICICI Bank launches robotic locker made under Make in India
- Toyota to invest Rs 1000 crore
- Ericsson to start their 2nd unit
- Oppo will start manufacturing in India
- Sony Will Manufacture Xperia Phones in India
- Aricent Will Invest $500 Million
- Dell May Invest in Smart Cities
- Siemens will invest €1 billion and create 4000 jobs
- Gionee Partners With Foxconn and Dixon for local manufacturing
- Make in India OS: BOSS
- Asus Pledges Alliance With Make in India
- OnePlus To Start Local Production in India With FoxConn