There is a reason why we are suddenly seeing a huge rush of Ecommerce sites in India – Indians are coming online faster than any other place on the earth. Nielsen has published a very well made short video on fast-changing scene of Indian Digital Consumers.
Here are some of awesome stats released by Nielsen
- India has 134 Million TV Homes, 80 Million Internet users & over 500 Million active mobile users!
- 240 million Indians experienced internet on their mobile phones last year!
- 6 Million mobile users accessed Social Media sites on their Mobile phones and this number is expected to grow 36 times in next 3 years (over 108 Million)
- 2/3rd of 80 million internet users are on Social Media sites.
- 13 million new Indian users have joined Facebook in last 6 months
- 20 million Indians look for job openings on internet every month!
- Linkedin has over 10 million Indian users
- Indian consulting firms are expected to hire 35% of their staff from Linkedin or other related sites
- Over 16000 Indians intend to join Twitter every day
- 55,000 Indians get married every 24 hours
- 21 million Indians use Social Media to research their future partners (I am curious as to how did Nielsen come up with this number)
- 54 Million Indians check online reviews for the products they wish to purchase out of which 15 million do it on Social Media sites alone
- 10 millions Indians are aware of the brands that are on Social Media
India is changing…and changing fast. Take a look at this excellent video released by Nielsen – Bookmark it and share it with your friends!
Decoding India’s Digital Consumer
Among global turmoil, India is probably the best place to be in – What say?