Amazon Seller Services Lost Rs 10 Crore/Day In Last 365 Days; Revenues Increase By 32%
Amazon India and its different arms operating in the country have released their financial reports for the financial year ending March 31, 2022.
According to Amazon Seller Services, which is the body running the Amazon marketplace in India, the company’s overall net loss have fallen in FY22, as the operating revenue has surged over 30% YoY in the year.
Here’s the non-exhaustive report of the performance of Amazon’s marketplace in India in the financial year 2021-22.
Amazon Seller Services
- Net loss in the year reduced to Rs 3,649 crore from Rs 4,748 crore in the financial year 2020-21.
- The company’s operating revenue surged 32% YoY to Rs 21,462 crore in the year from Rs 16,200 in the previous year.
- The EBITDA loss was slashed by almost 50% to Rs 1,286 crore in the year, thanks to its operating costs which were kept at a check.
- In FY22, the advertising and marketing costs rose 26% YoY to Rs 3,626 crore.
- Its overall revenue jumped almost 50% YoY, aided by the stay-at-home Covid restrictions that helped the customers to buy online in bulk.
Other Amazon Arms in Indian Marketplace
The online payment system of Amazon in India, Amazon Pay India:
- Net loss in FY22 stood at Rs 1,741 crore.
- Revenue rose 16% YoY to Rs 2,052 crore.
- Total expenses stood at Rs 3,793 crore.
Amazon Internet Services:
- Operating revenues jumped 66% YoY to Rs 8,956 crore in FY22.
- The company observed a net loss of Rs 2.3 crore in the year, compared to a net profit of Rs 185 crore in the previous year.
Amazon Data Services:
- Operating revenues surged almost 40% YoY to Rs 3,540 crore.
- Net loss expanded to Rs 327 crore in the year from Rs 131 crore in FY21.