ISRO Is Offering Free Course On Geospatial Applications; But Only These Students Eligible (How To Apply?)
Applications for ‘Geospatial Applications for Forest Ecosystem Analysis’ from students and scientific staff is being invited from the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
The aim with which this course is launched is to offer an understanding of geospatial technology as an effective tool for assessment, monitoring and management of forest ecosystems and is conducted by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS).
Points to Know About the Course
- Only people of Indian origin can apply for the course
- Those who want to apply for the course must already be postgraduates or should be in the final year of their postgraduate environmental science or life science program
- Members of NGOs as well as the scientific staff of the central/ state government, faculty/ researcher at university/ other institutions can also apply
- Lecture slides as well as video-recorded lectures will be made available through e-class.
- To attend the course, desktop computer with web camera, microphone and output speakers or laptop with microphone camera and output speakers or large display screen/ projector/ TV with high-speed internet connection is necessary
- There will be a first-come, first-serve basis as there are limited number of seats
- Participants for the course will be approved by the coordinator
- For more information, go through the official brochure.
Important Dates & How To Apply?
- Course dates – 20 June to 25 June 2022.
- Registration is open till the date the course begins.
How to apply:
- To get enrolled in this programme, the interested organisations/ universities/ departments/ institutes have to identify a coordinator at their end.
- It is the coordinator who should conduct the institution registration on the official website.
- Participants can make separate registration on the official website by selecting their organisation as the nodal centre.
- Study materials will be available here, after registration.
- Course updates will be available on the official website of IIRS.
- In case of queries, write to [email protected]