Asia’s Biggest Airport Will Launch In Noida At Rs 8900 Cr Investment: 5 Stunning Facts
During the last three years, the civil aviation industry in India has emerged as one of the fastest-growing industries in the country. India has become the third-largest domestic aviation market in the world and is expected to overtake the UK to become the third-largest air passenger market by 2024. And recent developments in the country are indicating the same.
PM Modi lays the foundation of a new airport in Noida
Recently, PM Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the upcoming Noida International Airport. The site of a new airport is located roughly 80 km from Delhi’s Indira Gandhi airport. As this will be the second international airport to come up in Delhi-NCR, it will help decongest traffic from Delhi Airport.
At the foundation stone laying ceremony, Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia accompanied Modi and UP CM Yogi Adityanath. Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia said that the government expects investments of Rs 34,000 cr to come to Noida International Airport, with the first phase to be completed in 2024.
“It was PM Narendra Modi’s direction that Asia’s biggest airport is to be built in Uttar Pradesh,” Scindia said at the ceremony. “By last phase, Noida Airport will surpass Delhi’s IGI Airport and become India’s leading airport,” he added further.
This ambitious project will require ambitious funding
The first phase of the new Jewar airport will require an investment of Rs 8,914 crore. The initial annual passenger handling capacity will be 12 million. The new airport at Noida is expected to handle most of Lucknow’s international traffic that comes to Delhi apart from the 15% traffic from western Uttar Pradesh.
It should be noted that the airport is strategically located and will serve the people of cities including Delhi, Noida, Ghaziabad, Aligarh, Agra, Faridabad, and neighboring areas.
This airport will be linked to the planned Delhi-Varanasi High-Speed Rail, making the duration of the journey between Delhi and the airport in only 21 minutes. All major nearby roads and highways like the Yamuna Expressway, Western Peripheral Expressway, Eastern Peripheral Expressway, Delhi-Mumbai Expressway, and others will be connected to the airport.
The Five Stunning facts about the Jewar airport are as follows:
1. For the first time in India, an airport has been conceptualized with an integrated multi-modal cargo hub.
2. The airport will also develop a Ground Transportation Centre that will feature a multimodal transit hub, housing metro and high-speed rail stations, taxi, bus services, and private parking.
3. Once the construction of this airport is completed, UP will become the only state in India to have five international airports.
4. This airport will be India’s first net-zero emissions airport.
5. After completion this will be Asia’s biggest airport which will be spread over 1,330 acres of land.