Air India Rolls Out Waivers, Flexible Tickets For International Passengers: Full Details
Air India Waivers Facility
Recently, the airline has announced various waivers facilitating passengers considering entry restrictions announced by countries like the UAE, UK, Singapore and others.
In the same regard, the airline tweeted on 25 May saying, ”Due to the continued impact of COVID-19 across the globe bringing uncertainty in travel plans, Air India is offering various Waivers/flexibility to passengers who are holding tickets for international travel,”.
Air India Benefits Provided To The Passengers
In view of the current pandemic, Air India has decided to offer the following benefits/flexibility to the passengers for their continued patronage, who are holding tickets for international travel.
- The flexibility of Sector Change
- The flexibility of Routing Change
- Waiver for Fare Difference and Change penalty
- The flexibility of Cabin Change
- Enhanced Refund Validity
- Enhance Travel Validity
Which Passengers Will Get These Facilities?
According to the document by the airline, a revenue ticket issued on 098 documents and booked to travel on Air India operated and marketed, scheduled flights,
1. From 15th March 2020 till 31st March 2021 and his/her travel plan got disrupted due to cancellation of booked flight due to COVID-19 epidemic OR
2. From 15th MARCH 20 till 31st MARCH 21 and not able to travel from India to any destination due change in (destination country’s) visa regulation owing to COVID-19 epidemic, OR
3. Holding Ticket Passenger, who is OCI Card Holder or Foreign National and not able to travel to India, due Suspension of entry for such passenger by Bureau of Immigration, India; from 13th MARCH 20 (from 10 MARCH 20 for travel originating from France) till such time the prohibition on international travel of passengers to India is lifted by the Government of India.
For getting these permitted changes, these passengers will have to visit the airline’s booking offices or Authorized Travel Agent (henceforth referred to as agents) from where tickets were originally issued or Call up the call center.