Home Delivery Of Cash For SBI, PNB, BoB Customers! How It Works? Terms & Conditions?
A positive new development has been introduced by SBI, PNB, BoB, and a big group of other banks for its customers, especially in the light of the COVID-19 pandemic that is rampant in the country. The banks have said that customers will now be able to avail the new Doorstep Banking Services (DBS) offered by public sector banks (PSBs) to get their work done from their homes.
Read on to find out all the details about the new Doorstep Banking Services offered by these banks.
Doorstep Banking Services Introduced By Top Banks’ Alliance
The customers of State Bank of India (SBI), Punjab National Bank (PNB), Union Bank of India (UBI), Bank of Baroda (BOB), Bank of India (BOI), Canara Bank, Central Bank of India, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), UCO Bank, Bank of Maharashtra and Punjab & Sindh Bank will be able to avail the PSB Alliance Doorstep Banking Services.
a) Pick up Services (From customer and will be delivered to the branch)
- Cheques/Instruments for Clearing / Collection
- New Cheque Book Requisition
- Standing Instructions Request
- IT/Govt / GST Challan with Cheque
- Digital Life Certificate (through Jeevan Pramaan App)
b) Delivery Services (Pick up from the branch and delivered to the customer)
- Term Deposit Advice
- Account Statement
- TDS & Form 16 Certificate issuance
- Pre-paid instrument / Gift Card
- Demand Draft, Pay Orders
- Cash Pick up (Deposit)
- Cash Delivery (Withdrawal)
However, to avail of these cash pickup and delivery services, there is a minimum and maximum limit of the amount that needs to be deposited or withdrawn. The minimum limit is of Rs. 1000 whereas, the maximum limit is Rs. 10,000
As per reports, these financial services will be availed by using AePS (Aadhar enabled Payment System) or through Debit Card.
How To Place A Request For DBS?
If one wants to avail of the DBS, registration needs to be done by the customer in the Doorstep Banking App either through mobile or on a laptop/desktop computer.
Here is a step by step procedure to place a DBS request after registration:
- Log in to the Doorstep Banking App and select your bank.
- Fill in your account details/PIN and click submit.
- After validation, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- After this, you will need to enter the OTP and submit the confirm button.
- Once the OTP is validated, the app will display Bank Name, Account No. (masked), Name, A/c Type, and Branch Name.
- Select the service request you want to place along with the number of instruments and address for pick up.
- Branches within a 10 km radius of the pickup address will be displayed on the screen, after which you will need to select the branch, preferred time slot for the agent to pick/deliver the instrument.
- After the Service Request Information is verified, the service charges will be displayed on the screen.
- After verification, a Service Request No. will be generated and a notification will be sent via SMS. the notification will inform the customer about the details of the assigned agent such as the Agent name, Agent photo, contact information, time for Pick up/Delivery & Service Code.
- Once you avail of the services, the charges will be deposited from the account. As of now, the charges of financial/non-financial services for SBI customers are Rs 75 plus GST per service.