209 Crorepatis Created By Amazon Prime Day; OnePlus #1 In Smartphone, TV Sales (Full List Of Bestsellers)
The Amazon Prime Day Sale, a two-day shopping event, from Aug 6 to 7, was bigger and more revenue-generating as compared to last year’s event.
Targeted mainly at Prime members, the 2 day long festive sale witnessed just twice the number of signups than last year.
Not just on the customer side, this time, over 91,000 small and medium business sellers, from artisans, to weavers and women entrepreneurs from all over the country, showed their participation in Amazon’s Prime Day Sale.
All the Big Numbers Recorded this Year
- The Prime members shopping in these 2 days were more than any of the number recorded in the history of Amazon India.
- Over 65% new Prime subscriptions came from outside the top 10 cities of the country.
- In SMB sellers, over 62000 were from non-metro and tier 2 or 3 cities of India.
- 31,000 of these SMB sellers, bagged their highest sales of all time.
- Over 4000 such sellers registered sales of Rs10 lakhs or more, per seller.
- The highlight: 209 SMB sellers became crorepatis during the 2 day event.
How is this Boost for Amazon & SMB Sellers?
This event was exceptionally great for Amazon India because this time India became the first country to host the sale.
Such exemplary revenues generated by Amazon at such a time, turns out to be a corrdinated move to support local businesses as well as boost sales of SMB sellers.
Amit Agarwal, country head of Amazon India said,
“Artisans and weavers, women entrepreneurs from Saheli, startup brands from Amazon Launchpad saw growth of 6.7 times, 2.6 times, and 2.1 times respectively.
This Prime Day was dedicated to our small business (SMB) partners, who have been increasingly looking up to Amazon to revive their businesses.”
All the Brands and Categories Most Tapped On
Most engaging categories:
- Personal Computing
- Large Appliances
- Work/Study from home Items
- Apparel, and
Highest Selling Smartphone Brands
- OPPO, and
Highest Selling Laptop Brands
Highest Selling TV Sets
- One Plus
- LG, and