The telecom company Vodafone Idea has been moderating the policies and prices of its premium RedX postpaid plan.
Soon after increasing the price of its Vodafone RedX postpaid plan by Rs.100, the telco has now tweaked and brought some changes in the Commercial Usage Policy (CUP), revolving around postpaid plans that offer unlimited calling and unlimited data.
Speaking of this, the only active postpaid plan offering unlimited data and unlimited calling by Vodafone Idea today, is the the Vodafone RedX postpaid plan.
We’ll fill you in with all the details of this change in CUP for the RedX plan, shortly. If in case,you aren’t already aware with the Vodafone RedX postpaid plans, then we have outlined a brief down below.
Vodafone RedX Postpaid Plan Price Increased
RedX is a limited edition plan for the postpaid customers of Vodafone. Under this plane, the customers are offered faster data speeds, along with benefits worth Rs 20,000, which include access to airport lounges, international roaming services and more.
Vodafone launched this plan in November last year at Rs. 999.
- The subscribers of this plan get free unlimited local and STD calls.
- They also get free 100 local, national and roaming SMS, after which the messages are charged at 25p per SMS for local and national.
- This plan offers unlimited data. Users enjoy 50% faster speed than other postpaid plans, for the first 150GB data.
- Calling benefits include discounted rates for ISD calls for 14 countries.
- The premium plan includes annual subscription to entertainment apps such as Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Vodafone Play, and Zee5.
- Users of this premium RedX plan also have access to four airport lounges per year, with a maximum of one international lounge outside or within the country.
Now that you have a basic understanding of this postpaid plan, we’d like to inform you that the telecom company has increased the price of this plan by Rs.100, now costing Rs.1099, which is a 10% hike.
It offers access to Netflix, access to select international and domestic airport lounges, ISD calls to select countries at special rates, and free use of the iRoam 7 day pack worth Rs. 2,999 once per year.
The Updated CUP for RedX Postpaid Plan
Vodafone Idea has merged all postpaid offerings into the Vodafone Red umbrella. All Idea Nirvana postpaid plans were to integrate into the Vodafone Red postpaid brand starting May 11.
Speaking of it, the telco has now revised its Commercial Usage Policy (CUP) for postpaid plans offering unlimited calling and unlimited data, which constitutes the RedX postpaid package.
Let’s shed some light on this modified CUPs.
As per the revised policy, the RedX postpaid plan is declared to be used only for commercial use. The telco has also assured that if it finds a user using this plan for commercial or non-retail purposes, their plan will be downgraded to the nearest RED lower rental plan with limited data.
Also, if the user found using the RedX postpaid plan for commercial or non-retail purposes, is a RedX customer for less than six months, then he/she will be fined with Rs.3000 in lieu of the benefits and services offered with this plan at no extra cost.
A detailed look into the revised CUP is depicted as under:
According to the telecom operator, a RedX plan will be considered being misused for commercial purposes when:
- Calls are made to more than 300 unique numbers (mobile and/or landline and STD and/or ISD calls) in a week.
- The cumulative duration of incoming calls is less than 15 minutes in a week, and cumulative duration of outgoing calls is more than 300 minutes per day.
- The data usage is more than 150GB and the voice usage is less than 50 minutes (including incoming calls) in a bill cycle.
The company notes that this new consumer usage policy applies for customers enrolling to the Vodafone RedX plans from May 9.