World’s 1st 108-Megapixel Smartphone Camera Sensor Launched By Samsung & Xiaomi
Even as Realme and Redmi are battling the domination of 64MP camera tech niche, Samsung has launched World’s 1st 108-megapixel smartphone camera sensor, which has been developed in association with Xiaomi.
Thus, Xiaomi will become the first company to launch a smartphone with having 108 megapixels camera.
And this changes everything.
Some highlights of this 108 megapixel camera sensor created by Samsung:
- This is Samsung and Xiaomi’s 2nd major collaboration related with developing camera sensors. Earlier, both had collaborated for creating a smartphone which can use Samsung’s 64-megapixel ISOCELL GW1 sensor.
- The new sensor which will power 108-mega pixels is called ISOCELL Bright HMX sensor, and it can click images even in extreme lighting conditions.
- Starting August-end, Samsung will begin mass production of ISOCELL Bright HMX sensors.
- The sensor is 1/1.33-inch in size, which allows it to absorb light better, with large surface area
- Samsung has revealed that they will using the new Tetracell technology, which combines 4 pixels into one, which will allow the new sensors to take better images in low lights.
- This new technology will minimize noise, and improve color accuracy by a greater degree.
- For bright lighting condition, this new sensor will employ Smart-ISO mechanism, which will allow the user to take better images by adjusting the level of amplifier gains. This will adjustment will be based on the ambient light, and thus, the images will be more vivid and realistic.
- Xiaomi has confirmed that they will launch the world’s 1st smartphone which will have Samsung’s new 108-MP camera sensor.
- Lin Bin, co-founder and president of Xiaomi said, “As we continue our partnership, we anticipate bringing not only new mobile camera experiences but also a platform through which our users can create unique content.”
- Xiaomi’s 64-MP camera smartphone is expected to be launched in the 4th quarter of 2019. Realme is also claiming to launch this 64MP camera smartphone, before Xiaomi. Interestingly, Samsung is also planning to launch a smartphone with 64MP camera, and all three will use the same ISOCELL GW1 sensor, created by Samsung.
Which Will Be Xiaomi’s 108 MP Camera Smartphone?
As of now, there is no confirmation regarding which smartphone will be launched by Xiaomi having 108 megapixels camera.
However, there is speculation that it can be Mi Mix 4, and the reason is that a senior Xiaomi executive has said that Mi Mix 4 camera will be even better than Samsung’s ISOCELL Bright GW1 (which supports 64 MP camera)
We will keep you updated, as more details come in.