Flipkart Sold 3 Million Smartphones In A Day; Have They Beaten Amazon, Finally?
October 11th has been declared as the single biggest online shopping day in India.
While Flipkart’s Big Billion Days sales have ended, Amazon’s The Great Indian Festival Sale is at its last day today.
Flipkart, which has now become Walmart, has shared some interesting numbers related to their shopping festival days.
Going by the numbers shared by them, it is quite clearly evident that they have beaten Amazon India, in this battle for festive season sales.
Don’t believe us? Here are the numbers:
30 Lakh Smartphones Sold In A Day!
On October 11th, Flipkart has claimed to have sold 3 million or 30 lakh smartphones. This makes 2083 smartphones sold in a minute..
No other e-commerce portal in India can claim this feat. The has set a new benchmark for Indian ecommerce.
Gadgets Ruled The Shopping Days!
In the first hour of the sale on October 11th, the total number of smartphones sold was 70-times of the number of smartphones which are sold in an hour, in entire India!
Approximately 120 iPads were sold every hour on Flipkart, which is actually phenomenal. If we compare the total length of the mobile cables sold in these 5 days, then it will be 100-times of the height of Burj Khalifa building, which is world’s tallest building.
Appliances Sold Like Hot Cakes!
Not only gadgets and smartphones, but appliances too sold like hot cakes.
50 juicer-mixers were sold every minute during the sale period.
If we compare the total height of all washing machines sold in this period, then it will beat Mount Everest by 15 times.
Some other interesting highlights:
- The total number of mobile recharges sold were equal to 200 years of talktime
- 5 shoes were sold on Flipkart, every second
- Total number of visitors on Flipkart was equal to 5-times footfall during Kumbh Mela, which is the world’s largest gathering of devotees.
- The total savings made by the shoppers is equal to the value of 10 most expensive islands in the world.
- The number of LED Bulbs sold can light up 27 International Cricket stadiums
- If we compare the weight of all fashion products sold, then it will be more than the weight of all elephants in India, combined!
- Total number of flight tickets booked is equal to 125 trips, all around the world.
The numbers shared by Flipkart are truly amazing, and mind-blowing.
We are now awaiting Amazon India’s numbers, to actually find out who is the winner here.
Which online shopping portal did you chose during the festive day sales? Do let us know by commenting right here!