Jio Football Offer; Buy A New Jio Connection & Get Instant Cashback!
Jio's latest cashback offer seems to be a winner. After all, who doesn't like cashbacks?
Jio has been hogging the limelight for the past couple of days with announcements of its JioFiber Broadband and Jio DTH services. Now, cashing in on the ongoing Indian Super League football tournament, Jio is back again with a new cashback scheme creatively titled ‘Jio Football Offer’.
Jio is also the sponsor of 9 out of the 10 teams playing in the league. So it makes sense for them to come up with a cashback scheme themed around the tournament. With the success of IPL in cricket, similar leagues for other sports are proving to be successful in getting people interested in sports other than cricket.
But can Jio’s latest cashback offer entice more people to switch to Jio’s network? Let’s go ahead and find out.
Jio Football Offer: Buy A New Jio Connection & Get Cashback
Let’s get one thing out of the way first. This Jio offer is only valid for new smartphones which get activated on Jio’s network for the very first time.
Jio will determine this from the phone’s IMEI and the ‘MSISDN’ (Mobile Station International Subscriber Directory Number) which is simply your Jio mobile number. Jio says that the offer can be availed only once per smartphone and mobile number.
This cashback offer is also limited to a number of select ‘Eligible Devices’. It includes smartphones from most of the major and relatively unknown brands. So Jio has a number of eligible devices which will have to be recharged with one of the ‘Eligible Recharges’ when the Jio number is activated.
And of course, it goes without saying that the user will have to subscribe to Jio Prime in order to be eligible for the cashback offer.
Once the user has successfully fulfiled all the criteria, they receive the cashback of Rs 2,200/- into their Jio account in the form of vouchers which can then be redeemed against future eligible recharges for discounts.
Let us take a look at how this cashback scheme will work.
Rs 2,200 Cashback: Here’s How It Will Work
There are certain steps that have to be followed to receive the cashback under Jio’s new ‘Jio Football Offer’.
- Buy one of the eligible 4G-enabled smartphones listed on Jio’s website.
- Activate it for the first time using a Jio SIM.
- Subscribe to Jio Prime services and do either one of the eligible recharges of Rs 198/- or Rs 299/-.
That’s it! The user is now free to avail the cashback offer.
There are a few points to remember though.
- The phone must be activated and the eligible recharge should be done between the period from 15th February 2018 to 31st March 2018, including these two days.
- The user will receive the cashback in the form of vouchers which will be added to the user’s Jio account, under the ‘My Vouchers’ section in the MyJio app, after they become eligible. There will be 44 vouchers worth Rs. 50/- each.
- These vouchers can be redeemed, one at a time, on future eligible recharges, which here are Rs 198/- or Rs 299/-.
- The vouchers can be redeemed only on those recharges which are done through the user’s own MyJio app.
- The vouchers will be valid until 31st March 2022. Any unredeemed cashback vouchers will expire after that.
- The Jio Football Offer is valid only on Indian variants of the eligible devices. This means the offer cannot be availed with smartphones bought from outside of India.
Once again Jio appears to have scored a goal with their ‘Jio Football Offer’. Jio’s plans are some of the best in the market already and this latest cashback offer makes them even more attractive.
The list of eligible devices, as well as detailed terms and conditions, are available on Jio’s website.