OnePlus Is India’s Most Trusted Phone Brand! The Reasons May Surprise You
OnePlus has managed this feat in a relatively short span of time
OnePlus has been present in the Indian market for a little over two years, and already it has become the most trusted smartphone brand in the country. OnePlus is known for offering premium flagship phones at affordable prices.
The Chinese company gained a lot of popularity lately, and has grown to become one of the top mobile phone brands globally. The last three flagships from the company are – OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T and the most recent OnePlus 5.
The survey was conducted by CyberMedia Research. They are known to conduct such Mobile Industry Consumer Insight (MICI) Survey to get an idea about consumer aspirations, preferences, challenges and dislikes around smartphone brands. OnePlus has won by a huge margin in their latest one.
Higher Rating Than Apple
The survey came as a shocker! Even Apple doesn’t hold a 100 percent customer satisfaction rate in the country, in spite of having the most loyal fan base, according to the same report.
The survey report suggests a very interesting trend in the Indian smartphone market. Apple and Samsung might dominate in terms of number of sales and market share, but still, a new brand like OnePlus is securing a very healthy mindshare amongst the Indian smartphone buyers.
Apple Still Has Maximum Brand Loyalty
OnePlus may have become the most trusted mobile brand in the country, but tech giant Apple still remains a brand that buyers will continue to trust in the future. The survey confirmed, that current Apple users have the highest brand loyalty amongst other brands.
Premium Smartphone At Affordable Prices
The survey findings looked into what consumers feel about various mobile brands. The report mainly focused on premium smartphones, and OnePlus is a big name among a large number of consumers. The study focused on what consumers find to be the primary factors involved when they upgrade their smartphones. It included device quality, price, quality of service and the after sales support.
High Resale Value
Not only customer satisfaction, OnePlus has scored good on other parameters too. It scores very high loyalty amongst its users, and OnePlus has also emerged as a highly recommended brand, with high resale value. In fact, it is the highest recommended smartphone brand.
What Contributed To The Success Of OnePlus?
The Chinese brand has gained the moniker of ‘Most Trusted Smartphone Brand’ in the country based on following factors;
- Quality – OnePlus has scored a 100% satisfaction rate in terms of quality.
- Service and After Sales Support – They have registered a 96% satisfaction rate with respect to availability of the spare parts.
- Problem Resolution – They have scored around 90% satisfaction when it comes to problem resolution.
What Type Of Customers Does India Have?
The survey notes that, in the premium smartphones segment, it has three types of customers;
- Explorers – Around 34% of Indian buyers follow the technology trends very closely. They are among the first ones to adopt the latest tech.
- Followers – Around 24% buyers look for a new smartphone which is already popular among people.
- Passive Viewers – It has the highest number of buyers. 42% customers prefer to just follow the latest technology trends at their pace rather than be early-adopters.
Main Constraints Of Smartphone Sales
According to the same report, buyers look for the following five main factors while buying smartphones;
- OS – 89% buyers are looking for the latest OS
- RAM – 85% worry about their device having enough RAM
- Battery – 80% care about battery life
- Network – 77% people need to have good networking technology
- Camera – 75% look for good camera quality
To sum it up, OnePlus has ranked highest as a brand recommended by other users and has received 100% satisfaction rate from present and past customers!