Gujarat attracted maximum investment proposals compared to any of the 20 industrial states in India. According to the recent study undertaken by ASSOCHAM, Gujarat attracted investment proposals of Rs 16.28 lakh crore in year 2011.
After Gujarat, Maharashtra was the most preferred destination followed by Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Karnataka.
Most Preferred Investment Destination states in India
|Rank||State||Investment amount ( in Lakh Crore)|
|17||Jammu & Kashmir||1.11|
Investments by Sectors (Percentage)
Key Highlights of Investments in India
– The Top 5 states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Karnataka cornered close to 54% of total live investments worth Rs 120.34 lakh crore.
– Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh received highest share in live investments in Services Sector
– Haryana was a major destination the real estate sector as it attracted 49.7% of all investment proposals.
– Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh received highest share in live investments in Mining Sector
– Odisha, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Karnataka, and West Bengal received highest share in live investments in manufacturing Sector
– Gujarat, Odisha, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu received highest share in live investments in Electricity Sector.
– Gujarat, of the total proposals worth Rs 16.28 lakh crore, attracted 39.2% electricity, 24.2% in manufacturing, 16.2% in services, 14.3% in real estate, 5.2% in irrigation and 0.9% in mining.
– Maharashtra, of the total proposals worth Rs 14.14 lakh crore, attracted 37.1% in services, 31.7% in electricity, 18.7% in real estate, 11% in manufacturing, 1.1% in irrigation and 0.5% in mining.