WOW ! one of the better 10 minutes I spent in last few days – and it was spent watching and listening to a video Interview of Scott Anthony, president of Innosight, created by Harvard Business. I got to get my hands on that recently released Book – “The Silver Lining”, An innovation playbook for Uncertain times.
Here are some of the Gems I picked up from this short Video
- Innovation is not a Nicety, but a necessity !
- If you choose not to innovate during these uncertain times, you are sowing the seeds of destruction.
- Before you start innovating, you have to make sure that your house is in order.
- To start doing new things, you got to stop doing some of the old things.
- Concentrate on Ideas that have most potential – Let go some of the other ones that have lesser potential.
- Make innovation a process – To innovate you need discipline
- Find partners in ideating and innovation, reduce the risk.
- (For Individuals) Intentionally start night & weekend activity that exposes you to ambiguity
- Expose yourself to different ways of thinking which allows your mind to make connections that you thought were not possible
- Tap into your network – look for people who think creatively
This is a MUST WATCH video and I think no one should miss it – and if you get your hands on that book, make sure you buy it.
Wasn’t it probably the best 10 minutes you spent !