Reliance Hired 2.32 Lakh Indians In Last 365 Days! Total Workforce Surge To 3.43 Lakh Across India
The country’s most valuable company by market capitalization, Reliance Industries has recently presented its integrated annual report for the financial year ending March 31, 2022.
According to this report, the oil-to-telecom conglomerate has hired a total of 2.32 lakh employees in the financial year, taking its total strength to 3.43 lakh, as on March 31, 2022.
The conglomerate has provided the performance of each of its segments in the annual report, stating that ‘digital services’, ‘retail’ and ‘oil-to-chemicals’ segments are its three extremely agile and highly potent growth engines.
Highlights of Reliance Industries’ Telecom Sector
Reliance Jio, the Mukesh Ambani-led conglomerate’s telecom arm, is the country’s largest digital services platform.
- It has the largest single-country subscriber and carries the highest data volume globally, only second to China.
- Its 5G coverage planning is completed across the top 1,000 cities in India, based upon targeted customer consumption and revenue potential, using indigenous technology, including 3D maps, heat maps and ray tracing technology.
- Within only 2 years of launching the JioFiber service, it became the top fibre-to-the-home services provided in the country, reporting an average data usage of nearly 300GB in each home/month.
Highlights of Retail Sector
- Over 2,500 new stores were added under the retail arm Reliance Retail during 2021-22.
- It has invested over Rs 9,700 crore in partnerships during FY22.
- Strategic partnerships with investments worth almost Rs 30,000 crore in FY22, built capabilities via organic growth.
- It acquired Just Dial in the fiscal to boost the digital ecosystem for millions of partner merchants and MSMEs.
Highlights of Oil-to-Chemicals (O2C)
- The company developed a bio-degradable and compostable polymer called Polybutylene adipate terephthalate or PBAT to replace single-use plastic by sustainable materials.
- The EV transition Jio-bp developed its own Jio-bp pulse charge app and set up the largest charging hubs across the country in Delhi NCR with Blusmart as the primary customer.