Get Aadhaar PVC Card For Entire Family With One Mobile Number: Step By Step Process
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has announced that an individual can order a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) Aadhaar card for the whole family by using one mobile number.
UIDAI describes the Aadhaar PVC Card as the latest form of Aadhaar.
It is easy to carry, durable and contains a digitally signed secure QR code with photograph and demographic details with multiple security features such as:
- Micro text
- Ghost image
- Issue Date & Print Date
- Guilloche Pattern
- Embossed Aadhaar Logo
Any mobile number can be used to receive OTP for authentication, regardless of the registered mobile number with your Aadhaar.
The user will have to pay Rs 50 for each PVC Aadhaar card order inclusive of GST & speed post charges.
A user had replied to the official tweet, pointing out that the facility can be used by fraudsters to order others’ Aadhaar cards and misuse it.
Another user answered by saying that even though any miscreant can order using any number, the Aadhaar will arrive at the actual person’s residence only, therefore there is no need to worry.
How to Order Online
- Visit the official website of UIDAI and click on the ‘My Aadhaar’ option.
- Click on the ‘Order Aadhaar PVC Card’ option.
- Enter Aadhaar number.
Or if you wish to avoid using Aadhaar, you can also use the 16 digits Virtual Identification Number (VID) instead.
- Enter CAPTCHA.
- Click ‘Send OTP’
If you are not using a registered mobile number, click the ‘My mobile number is not registered’ option.
Enter an alternate mobile number and click ‘Send OTP’ button
- Enter OTP and click on the check box against “Terms and Conditions”
- Click on “Submit” button to complete OTP verification
- Preview of the Aadhaar details will appear on the screen (only if using registered mobile number)
- Click on “Make payment”
- You will be redirected to Payment Gateway page with payment options as Credit/Debit Card, Net banking and UPI
- After successful payment, a receipt will be generated containing a digital signature
This can be downloaded by residents in PDF format.
Where And When Will It Arrive?
The person will also get the Service Request Number via SMS that they can use to check the PVC Aadhaar card delivery status.
UIDAI hands over printed Aadhaar Cards to the Department of Post within 5 working days after receiving an order excluding the date of request.
It will be delivered to the resident’s registered address in the Aadhaar database via India Post’s Speed Post service.