Omicon Scare Grips India: Cinema, Gyms Banned In This City; 50% Rule Applied For These
Amid rising cases of Omicron variant and Covid-19 cases across the country, different states are reinstating Covid-19 restrictions to keep a check on the rising cases as the year end approaches.
On Tuesday, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal held a meeting regarding the rising Covid cases in the national capital and instituted a series of restrictions to control the spread of the virus’ new variant.
As the positivity rate increased above 0.5% over the past few days, the Delhi government has reinforced Level-I (Yellow alert) of the Graded Response Action Plan, said Kejriwal on Tuesday.
The “yellow alert” is issued when the city sees a positivity rate of over 0.5 per cent for two consecutive days, or cases cross 1,500 in a week, or average occupancy of oxygen beds in hospitals remains 500 for a week, states an India Today report. About 496 cases were reported in Delhi on Tuesday.
New Restrictions Put in Place by Delhi Govt
- A night curfew will be in place from 10 pm to 5 am.
- On an odd-even basis, malls and shops will be allowed to remain open from 10 am to 8 pm in a day.
- Note that the above rule lies void for neighbourhood and standalone shops.
- Shops and establishments that deal with essential goods and services like pharmacies and others, are permitted to open on all days.
- Construction work and manufacturing activities will continue to function.
- Restaurants and bars will remain open but with 50% capacity and not after 10 pm. Restaurants can start their operations from 8 am and bars from 12 pm.
- Public transports like Delhi Metro can operate with only 50% of its seating capacity, while autos, e-richshaws and cabs will be allowed to only take at most two passengers at a time.
- Private offices will be able to open with 50% of their staff from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Salons and beauty parlors will remain open.
- In weddings and funerals, not more than 20 guests will be allowed.
- In case of religious places, entry of devotees will be restricted but the places will be open.
Items that Will Remain Shut
- Cinema halls,
- Yoga institutes,
- Entertainment parks,
- Schools, colleges, educational institutions, and coaching institutes.