Your Pension, Insurance At EPFO Will Stop After December 31 If You Don’t Do This
Due to the implementation of a new rule, all account holders of the Employees Provident Fund will have to make changes in their accounts by December 31 from next month.
New Rule For Employees Provident Fund Organisation
In a recent notification, the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) said that employees will need to add a nominee to their EPF accounts by December 31 this year.
If employees fail to abide by this rule then they will lose out on several benefits that the top retirement body, backed by the central government, offers.
So it would be a good idea to add a nominee to their EPF account which can be done online.
This rule affects almost all salaried individuals in India as they have an account at the Employees Provident Fund Organisation.
In India, EPFO serves as a source of income following their retirement.
In this, a certain amount of money is deducted from the employee’s salary every month, which is credited to him or her after retirement.
The employer also adds the same amount of money to this account every month.
Why Is It Necessary?
To be specific, if an employee does not update the nominee details by December 31 then he or she will not receive any benefits including pension and insurance money from January 2022.
EPFO said, “It is critical for subscribers to register nominations to care for their spouse, children, and parents and to safeguard them through online PF, pension, and insurance,” in a statement.
Basically, the filing of nomination is aimed at ensuring benefits for the dependents of the PF account holder in event of a mishap with him or her.
The selected nominee will be able to receive benefits from the insurance and pension schemes in case such an incident happens to an account holder.
Steps To File EPF Nomination Online
- First of all, open any internet browser and enter the official EPFO website or click at epfindia.gov.in.
- Now select ‘Service’ from the options available.
- This will show a new set of options, out of which you will have to choose the one reading – ‘For Employees’.
- Now select the ‘Member UAN/ Online Service (OCS/OTP) option.
- Here Log in with the UAN and password which you have set previously.
- Now, under the ‘Manage Tab’ select the option reading ‘E-nomination’.
- Here, a tab reading – ‘Provide Details’ will appear on your screen, after providing the details click on ‘Save’.
- Next, select the ‘Yes’ option to update the family declaration.
- Now, select ‘Add Family Details’ option and fill in the required information. It is noteworthy here that you can add more than one nominee.
- Select ‘Nomination Details’ to declare the total amount of share.
- After filling in the information, select ‘Save EPF Nomination’
- Now, select ‘E-sign’ to generate OTP which will appear on the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar number.
Once this is done, your e-nomination will be registered with EPFO.
This is the simpler process as the user does need not send any documents to the employer or ex-employer.
If you have any queries, then you can log in to the official website at epfindia.gov.in.